I Have a Lump In My Breast And It Hurts?

The inside of the top of my right breast is very hard and feels like there is a huge lump, but it's not visible. It is painful to touch it and hurts a lot when you press the lump.

I don't want to go to the doctor unless someone says it would be important to.

I am very conserned about this lump, the thing I'm worried the most is that it hurts.
I was wondering what is going on and if me wearing very very tight bras and always getting hit in the breasts at school by the guys would be related to this pain.

asked by Guest_ in Diseases & Conditions | 42503 views | 01-11-2010 at 11:00 PM

Most breast lumps aren't cancerous. Yet the most common sign of breast cancer for both men and women is a lump or thickening in the breast.
Most breast lumps are benign meaning not cancer but it is ALWAYS best to see a doctor as soon as possible. Other tests can be done including a mammogram, ultrasound or even an MRI

Try not to worry. The odds are in your favor. Most breast lumps as many as four out of five that are biopsied are noncancerous (benign). But it's still important to have the breast lump evaluated by a doctor to be certain you don't have cancer.

About 20 percent of breast lumps are cancerous. However, if cancer is found at an early stage and treated promptly, the outlook is good.

answered by Shenna | 02-12-2010 at 01:47 PM

i have a lump in my right breast as well. i am a b cup. i had a soccer game 3 days ago and a guy ran into me an now there is a lump that is hard, it is on the underside of my breast.
it is about the size of a ping pong ball. it hurts. i dont know what to do

answered by Guest | 07-22-2010 at 05:41 PM

Breast lump
Hi I have had a breast lump on the outer and inner side of my breast and I'm not sure what to do. I have gone to the doctor's and they said it might be a cyst. I went again a week later nothing had really changed so the set my up for a month later, but nothing happened so i called it off. I soon forgot about it until last night when it started hurting about 10:15. I went to my bathroom to take a look at it. It had gotten a lot bigger and really hurt so I took 2 paracetamol (oopsies can't spell it lol) around the lump it had gone bright red. So I am going to the doctor's again so they can check it out. From this experience I would tell anyone who has found a lump or got a lump to get it checked out by a doctor! Good luck I hope it's nothing serious x x

answered by Guest | 05-10-2011 at 11:51 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.