Smoke From Canada Fire?

I have asthma and I've noticed there's a lot of smoke in the environment today. I saw on TV they're talking about the smoke is coming from the Canada fire, I think it was in Quebec where the fire started.
It's possible that wind has carried the smoke from the distant Canadian forest fires into the city, as has occurred in the past with forest fires.

When is the smoke going to go away? When is the Canada fire going to be contained?

asked by Jefferson in Geography | 2860 views | 05-31-2010 at 08:25 PM

If you have respiratory problems, you should be taking precautions today.

Forest fires raging in the province of Quebec sent smoke about 300 kilometers (186 miles) southwest, blanketing Montreal and extending as far away as Boston.
In Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City, citizens reported the smell of smoke and the presence of heavy clouds.
In the U.S., the National Weather Service reported a strong smell of smoke in the New England states.
Anyone affected by the smoke including young children, seniors and anyone with respiratory or cardiac problems should try to restrict their outdoor activities.
According to WMUR, that smoke, which is being carried by strong Northwest winds, has actually limited visibility down to about 3 miles in some areas of Maine, Northeast Vermont and New Hampshire. CBC.CA said that the fire has been burning since Tuesday, which is close to a week ago now.

Air quality in Canada's capital continued to measure at "very poor" levels at noon because of the pall of smoke over the city.

Wood smoke can irritate the lungs, eyes, nose and throat and can cause coughing, wheezing and difficulty breathing.

answered by Donatello | 05-31-2010 at 08:25 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.