Is The Fourth Kind a True Story?

I'm not questioning whether the movie was based on a true story or not, all I want to know is whether that "real footage" was really authentic. The film looks like a true story. For me, that alone will make or break the whole movie. And yes, I did see it.
The creators of this movie claim that the footage and audio you see is real, is it really authentic?
So, is 'The Fourth Kind' a true story or what?

asked by Casandra in Movies | 55868 views | 11-07-2009 at 12:07 PM

A lot is being made of The Fourth Kindís claims to be based on a true story. I have to say that I went trolling online for some evidence of alien abductions in the state of Alaska, and while there were plenty of claims, I couldnít find anything outside of the usual tinfoil hat wearing claims of big-eyed aliens and inappropriate probing.
Not sure if the footage they show is real.

answered by True | 11-07-2009 at 12:08 PM

I'm sure that the video clips that are supposedly from interviews with "abductees" are authentic, but they are most likely blown so out of proportion (in typical Hollywood fashion) that this true story barely even resembles the truth anymore.

answered by Morgan | 11-07-2009 at 12:09 PM

Umm, Morgan, you need to see the movie before you make the blanket claim that "the video clips from supposed abductees are authentic", unless of course it's everyday you see a man float out and on top of his bed and a lady float off of a couch, both possessed by a Summerian speaking Alien entity who seems to delight in opening human mouths much more than they should ever be opened.

These possessions make supposed "demonic" possessions look like childs play....SERIOUSLY.

So again, if you want to say you think these "abductee videos" are real, you better know exactly what these videos show before you say one thing or another.

Paranormal Activity or Blair Witch doesn't have **** on this movie if these "archive videos" are actually truly 100% real.

answered by Guest | 11-10-2009 at 12:43 PM

movie
its real.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2009 at 01:45 AM

its bull! people are so gullible.

answered by Guest | 03-28-2010 at 06:38 PM

Exorcism
Ever perform an exorcism? Certainly not child's play and you better hope you never encounter or experience demonic possession! How many aliens are going to speak Sumerian and or claim to be God (I Am)???? This is clearly Satan or demons speaking an ancient language that was spoken in a country rebelling against God. Satan hates God and hates the human race, so he'll do what ever he can to deceive people into thinking they're aliens. They don't want you to know the truth!

answered by Guest | 04-12-2010 at 06:23 PM

LOL
OMG, what is wrong with you people? It's just a movie! get over your it!

answered by Guest | 04-18-2010 at 12:39 AM

So...the question that this thread is trying to answer is was the "authentic footage" tampered with or altered in anyway? Was the footage real? I mean...if the footage is 100% real and wasn't tampered with.....holy crap! There are a lot of unanswered questions I have about this movie. Like the dude who floated above his bed...the officer said that he had been paralyzed from the neck down...is that true? If so, did that really happen during the "authentic footage" and is the authentic footage authentic? So many questions! Also, if the man really was paralyzed and the footage is real...what did the official police investigation reveal about the man's injuries? How exactly was he paralyzed? What caused it? So many questions! Odds are, the whole movie is a load of crap...including the footage lol I'm going to bed now. I wonder if I'll see a white owl? :0

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its bull! people are so gullible.
It is bull for god sake! ^^ I agree.

answered by Guest | 05-19-2010 at 04:18 PM

its fake footage
the house from the "authentic" footage in the movie is the same house used for the movie Wicked Little Things (although it seems they did change the paint up a little). the location is a European vacation spot. i forget exactly where, look it up if you want, and you'll see that its fake footage. nice house though.

i thought it was real too, this realization kind of ruined it for me. thank my girlfriend for recognizing the house, and me for researching/confirming it/ruining the movie.

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 05:33 AM

Think this over
You can't always assume something is fake because it's a movie I agree totally about movies being over publicized but the truth of the matter is there are somethings that medical and actual records can prove. I.E. exorcisms. Instead of looking up the exorcism of Emily Rose look up the exorcism of Anneliese Michel, and instead of looking up the movie the exorcist look up the exorcism of Robbie Mannheim or more famously "Roland Doe or Robbie Doe". Something's aren't always fake some things can be proven like the movie said in the end it's up to you to determine what's real and what isn't.

answered by Guest | 08-13-2010 at 01:13 AM

??
You never really know. There are hundreds of movies based on real stories, and this could actually be one. I know most of you heard of Area 51 and what goes on there, so why don't you believe this? Nine bodies where still never found and I think the government was trying to hide this story or make it seem fake, but fail to. The government always try to hide stuff that they know is true and was cause pandemonium. So like I said you really don't know, but if you think that earth has the only life form out there, your dead wrong.

answered by Guest | 09-26-2010 at 05:18 PM

seriously
Ever heard of a little thing called imdb? The "real" Dr. Tyler, along with everyone else in the movie, is an actor.

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 05:19 AM

true or false?
The government would never allow this movie to be made if this was all authentic footage and if the story was entirely true!!! Ever heard of "top secret","confidential"? I don't know if the story is
true or false(and neither do any of you)but the footage is definitely fake, think about it.i wanted to believe it also so don't feel so bad.

answered by E.T. | 12-13-2010 at 01:35 AM

real
I don't know if the footage is real and if these stories are real... but I for one know that some stories like this are true. I am 19 years old and two years ago I encountered the most frightening being you could ever dream of.

I am a college wrestler, and i workout frequently. I like to take long runs through the mountains in North Carolina. I don't want to get into it because I don't want anyone investigating me or my story or anything, but I will say I saw two large creatures that were terrifying.

They clearly saw me and were not scared. Their was what seemed to be a space ship about 30 feet away from them, shaped in a diamond shape, but light were allover it so I'm not exactly sure of the shape.

answered by guest | 01-19-2011 at 01:37 AM

You guys are all dumb, if the movie was fake, then there would be hundreds of directors/producers whoever was involved in making this movie being sued for falsifying information.

Nome lost 90% of tourism because of this movie, and the reason no one can find anything out about certain people in the movie is because they wanted no part in the movie because they do not want to be harassed.

Till this day, there have been no say in whether it was a fake movie or not, parts were blown out of proportion but at the end of the day there is no one pointing the finger saying this movie was fake.

I don't believe in aliens myself, but I have no explanation for what was shown during the real footage/movie even though I don't believe in this kinda stuff, its always good to keep an open mind.

It is hard to accept but at the end of the day, other then majority of the little kids on this site writing what they believe is true or not, that doesn't change the fact that in reality there are a lot of questions about the world we live in.

answered by Guest | 02-21-2011 at 10:48 PM

This movie was absolutely true. The creativity in the movie was brilliant. Most of the scifi horror movies out there are the same old overused storylines (invasion, virus, monster aliens eating people). True stories are brilliantly creative. Then all the remakes are pure garbage.

Hollywood is consistently uncreative. It takes a real experience to inspire them with something an amazing story. Without the touch of something real, Hollywood can't make a good movie.

answered by Guest | 03-06-2011 at 04:43 AM

Fake or real? What does it matter? The truth is out there. Science cannot prove everything for example, can science prove we have a soul? Why would an alien race want to kill one particular family? To me it seems like demonic possession. Aliens are real, we are not the only life form in the universe. We came from space. Rocks with micro organisms polluted our earth and filled our water with life. So we are alien.

answered by Guest | 03-29-2011 at 07:19 PM

This movie could be either real or fake. I have watch the movie twice, and the "actual footage", to me seems like a demon possession. However, the disappearances, if real, could be caused by accidents or murders. It's up to you weather to believe it or not. Myself, I don't.

answered by Guest | 08-29-2011 at 09:17 PM

What exactly is a GOD or theory of SATAN, Is there even evidence of such
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ever perform an exorcism? Certainly not child's play and you better hope you never encounter or experience demonic possession! How many aliens are going to speak Sumerian and or claim to be God (I Am)???? This is clearly Satan or demons speaking an ancient language that was spoken in a country rebelling against God. Satan hates God and hates the human race, so he'll do what ever he can to deceive people into thinking they're aliens. They don't want you to know the truth!
There is no evidence of Gods or even an afterlife. So is there really a heaven or hell? These questions are more important than "Was this actual archive footage in the movie". I would hope there was a god however, I cant rule out the possibility of there ever being any extraterrestrial beings in existence. We humans tend to think too much and are like mere children when it comes to understanding what is real in this world and what is most important.

Take into consideration the theory of the BIG BANG; most people refuse to believe in it simply because it seem so spontaneous, however, the thought process of interpreting the theory of a GOD is just as spontaneous, if not more. For example, did GOD come out of a BIG BANG? Who or what created the GOD? All I am saying is people need to think more outside of the box, and don't believe religion so literally. something more important in my opinion is the Nature of Existence!! How do we even possess such conscious minds?

For example, this blog exists through my mind simply because I can consciously think about it, I hate life, we are left in the dark too much. If there is a sole creator of all existence then why wont he quit being an ******* and let us know what the **** is going on!

answered by Guest | 09-04-2011 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ever perform an exorcism? Certainly not child's play and you better hope you never encounter or experience demonic possession! How many aliens are going to speak Sumerian and or claim to be God (I Am)???? This is clearly Satan or demons speaking an ancient language that was spoken in a country rebelling against God. Satan hates God and hates the human race, so he'll do what ever he can to deceive people into thinking they're aliens. They don't want you to know the truth!
Your religion makes me laugh, I seriously read your post and couldn't believe your words, it's all nonsense. You should get something similar to a life or something.

answered by Guest | 10-02-2011 at 03:42 PM

footage not real
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
I'm not questioning whether the movie was based on a true story or not, all I want to know is whether that "real footage" was really authentic. The film looks like a true story. For me, that alone will make or break the whole movie. And yes, I did see it.
The creators of this movie claim that the footage and audio you see is real, is it really authentic?
So, is 'The Fourth Kind' a true story or what?
The actress who played Dr. Abigail Tyler in the "footage" is named Charlotte Milchard. So no, she is not the real Abigail Tyler. She is actress Charlotte Milchard. Footage = Not Real.

answered by Guest | 10-08-2011 at 09:26 PM

hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its bull! people are so gullible.
I believe that people are very gullible too, it's just a movie not anything else! Everyone is taking it so seriously, just like Paranormal Activity, it's clearly fake but a lot of people still believe it's a real story.

answered by Guest | 10-10-2011 at 03:40 PM

Very Real
I want to brush it off and go about my fairytale happy trails, but I can't. In 1982, I and some other people experienced an encounter in broad daylight with a being. We don't speak of it to others who weren't there to see it. We keep it between ourselves, and have not since been back to the place we saw it. This movie was very disturbing to me more than any other sic fi flicks I've seen because I could relate so much with what was presented.

answered by Guest | 10-17-2011 at 04:45 AM

The whole thing is fictional but they did a really great job making it look real. Actress who plays the "real" Abbey Tyler in the movie is Charlotte Milchard.

answered by Guest | 11-17-2011 at 07:03 AM

Reality
Hi peeps,

I also don't know if this movie is true but 10 years ago I saw a UFO whilst I was cycling home at about 11:10pm on a Sunday evening.

I was shifting on my bike and saw a flash out of the corner of my eye, braked and looked to my right and it was above my head (approx 35ft) moving slowly over the river and fields which lead down to the housing estate I was cycling towards (I was cycling over a bridge going the road way).

It made no noise and was moving slowly and frankly I **** myself and after standing and starring with my mouth open for what felt like a lifetime I cycled to my friends house (continuing down the road route) and got him to drive back to where I saw it and guess what? It had gone.

The weird thing was that while I was was there not one person or car went past and I was on a main junction from the M4 by a well know pub (The George).

If you want to know exactly where this happened go on google earth or any map and it happened on "Wokingham road" at the bottom of "London Bridge Road" in "Reading", "Berkshire", "England".

I have no idea if it was alien or a secret military ship, but on my life it happened and I s*** myself.

Ive looked for footage of the same craft and even went through a phase of buying UFO monthly but have never seen anything like what I saw that night except on youtube "china UFO" which appears to have the same lights underneath and flashes in the same way? This leads me to conclude that what I saw was real and everything else is fake or there are more than one weird aircraft shifting through our airspace?

I try not to dwell on it as Ill never know either way so hey....its just another unexplained thing to go with all the other weird **** that happens on a daily basis to people all over the world!!

answered by Guest | 11-18-2011 at 09:45 AM

Is it real or not!
I would so want that footage to be authentic, but do you really think a doctor would allow personal footage like that onto screen. They could loose their job over something like that. I do believe that something did happen in Nome, Alaska. But the authentic footage (or so they say) couldn't be real!

answered by Anonymous | 11-21-2011 at 10:52 PM

People live on perception not on facts, which makes it hard for people to believe things as most of them have self hypnotized themselves with their perception and very hard to shake them of their beliefs. In order to understand this movie people need to know whats happening over the world and ancient buildings, scripts and religion. They are all similar-more likely describing the same thing in different books. This movie is just a mug of water in a bucket. Every person whether he is religious or atheist has no proof to defend himself completely. So u cannot come to conclusions(There is god or no god.) JUST BE ON YOUR GUARD AND PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ANYTHING.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2011 at 10:44 AM

idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
OMG, what is wrong with you people? It's just a movie! get over your it!
Then why comment, if you seriously don't believe in it then why be on this site huh? your the idiot stop putting people down.

answered by xxjazzayxx | 12-05-2011 at 01:40 AM

hmm
My name is Whitney.
This is what I have to say its hard to believe that there are other entities but us humans have to at least consider that they may just live among us.
See the daughter in the video is real and so is the mother still claiming till this day in 2011 that her daughter was abducted. And when you think about it, that little girl is truly missing and also something else to think about what about all.
The people of all ages that disappeared every year of everyday and we can't find where the hell they are.

answered by Guest | 12-05-2011 at 05:48 AM

Agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I want to brush it off and go about my fairytale happy trails, but I can't. In 1982, I and some other people experienced an encounter in broad daylight with a being. We don't speak of it to others who weren't there to see it. We keep it between ourselves, and have not since been back to the place we saw it. This movie was very disturbing to me more than any other sic fi flicks I've seen because I could relate so much with what was presented.
Finally one good and true comment, this movie also make me scary and I seriously believe that it is true.

answered by Guest | 12-09-2011 at 06:41 PM

Yesterday late night I saw this film, after that my mind was so disturbed that I couldn't sleep because I brought a white barn owl taxidermy in my bed room last week so...

answered by krist | 12-17-2011 at 08:10 AM

Get Over It - They are Just taking our money
Hollywood is a money making machine. Passing The Fourth Kind off as a true story is just another hysterical marketing tool.

answered by Guest | 12-25-2011 at 09:04 AM

I believe, but not in this movie. Dr. Abigail Tyler is an actor called Charlotte Milchard. The government would never let the real footage get out.

answered by Guest | 01-02-2012 at 09:52 PM

I believe the movie comes from real experiences. There is a lot of info everywhere on the Illuminati, Annunaki, Elohim etc. in general other sentient beings affecting our consciousness, diverting our planets organic evolution. All you have to do is do the research.

I suggest getting out of the idea of thinking of these beings as quote aliens. In the universe we are all spirits not all of us have bodies all the time and some can get more done and have greater influence on other beings(confined to physical bodies) without the use of their bodies. Far more advanced beings can have influence on you without having to physically abduct you. Be careful in general. And be careful of what you do decide to believe in and what you deny.

answered by Guest | 01-03-2012 at 05:05 AM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.