Acer Laptop Will Not Start Up?

Could someone help me to diagnose the problem with my laptop.
I have an Acer TravelMate 4000 LCi.
Purchased brand new back in 2007 from buy dot com.
I believe it has a virus or maybe its just a hardware issue. When I turn the power on the lights come on for quick second and then automatically shuts down. Ive tried taking the battery out and then turning on same thing happens. Ive also tried taking battery out and mains and pressing power button 3 times (as per ASUS support center advice) and replugging in mains power and still same problem.

asked by Maddison in Hardware | 4406 views | 11-29-2009 at 07:31 PM

I have the same problem, did you figure out what the problem is and solution by any chance? i purchased it recently, it started doing this the night after i left it on for the night.
Any suggestions other than replacing the motherboard?

answered by Braydon | 11-29-2009 at 07:36 PM

Ok I had the same issue with my Acer but I found this from another user and I could fix it:

"Mine would start up fine, but once it got to the load screen for Vista, it would give me the blue screen of death and restart. To fix your problem, try starting it up and push Del immediately after the Acer logo goes away. That'll take you to a screen that tells you what you can do. Push F8 to take you to the next screen. Once you're at that screen, go to the selection that says "Run Last Known Good Configuration - Advanced", or something like that at least. Choose that one. That should get it to work, but not all the time. Sometimes you might have to follow the same steps, but instead of booting from last known good configuration, choose to disable restart on system failure. Then let it run through and crash, and then run the last known good configuration again. That almost always gets it to work."

answered by Anderson | 11-29-2009 at 07:38 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.