Graco Stroller Recall 2010?

I'm worried because I leave my son with my sister everyday because I have to work. She owns a Graco stroller and today I heard on the radio there is a recall of Graco strollers because they can be very dangerous for little kids.
There were millions of Graco strollers recalled. There was already a recall in 2009 and now another one in 2010. What is the problem with them, why the recall?
Do they break easily?

asked by Brown in Law & Ethics | 4279 views | 01-20-2010 at 02:43 PM

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, today January 20 2010 announced a voluntary recall of the Graco's Passage(TM), Alano(TM) and Spree(TM) Strollers and Travel Systems.
The problem with the strollers is the hinges on the stroller's canopy pose a fingertip amputation and laceration hazard to the child when the consumer is opening or closing the canopy.
Graco has received some reports of children injured when they placed their fingers in the stroller's canopy hinge mechanism. There have been 5 fingertip amputations and 2 lacerations so far.
The strollers were made in China by Graco and sold at Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Kmart, Sears, Target, Wal-Mart and other retailers nationwide from October 2004 to December 2009.

answered by Jay | 01-20-2010 at 02:47 PM

The strollers cost between $80 and $200. If you bought a Graco stroller during that period, check the stroller's model number to see if you're affected.

Graco has set up a FAQ post regarding the recall on it's blog. Graco is also responding to stroller owners via Twitter.
Read more at the Graco website:

http://blog.gracobaby.com/2010/01/20...roller-models/

answered by Tim | 01-20-2010 at 06:19 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.