Is it better to eat before or after I work out?

I like to work out very early in the morning. After I finish my exercise I eat my breakfast, mainly fruit and cereal.
Is this ok? Is it healthier to eat before or after a workout or does it make no difference as long as you eat?

asked by Damian in Diseases & Conditions | 3595 views | 07-10-2009 at 11:42 PM

Whether you eat before or after exercising won't affect the number of calories you burn, but keep in mind that having breakfast first might give you more endurance.

It depends really on the person. I tend to eat after exercise because eating before makes me feel bad. Some people eat only a small snack before workout to boost their energy.

answered by Jot | 07-11-2009 at 12:01 AM

It is important to do both in order to keep your metabolism up and running before and after the workout.

answered by Gill | 07-11-2009 at 12:06 AM

Eating
For best results.. after a strenuous workout, you have an ~45 minute window where
ingested protein can do the most good to promote anabolic growth. Best bet is to
to eat up to but no more than 42 grams of good quality protein in the 45 minutes following
your workout.. Your body cannot metabolize quantities > 42 grams in a single meal in
most cases.

answered by Guest | 01-21-2010 at 08:37 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.