United Illuminating Power Outages Map?

There were many power outages cased by hurricane Irene and there are countless United Illuminating costumers who are asking when are they going to restore the service.
I haven't seen a map, but I know the storm caused a lot of trouble and it takes time to solve all the power outages in the region but is there an estimate of how long is it going to take for United Illuminating to repair everything?
What is the current progress of UI's repairs? They should be prepared for a natural disaster like this. Is there a map of the zones without power?

asked by Troy in Places of the World | 14958 views | 08-30-2011 at 12:21 AM

The United Illuminating Company has begun the long process of taking care of the power outages and restore service to customers who are without electricity.
About 50,000 United Illuminating customers have their electricity back after the power outages caused by the hurricane. Check their website for a detailed map, although it is experiencing difficulties right now.
As of Monday, 105,000 UI customers remained without power, down from a peak total of more than 158,000 on Sunday. All crews are working diligently to restore power in every town in the company’s service territory.

answered by Paul | 08-30-2011 at 12:22 AM

I'm also looking for a map. United Illuminating's CEO made a youtube video where he describes the efforts to restore electric power to over 100,000 customers impacted by Hurricane Irene. You have to consider that it was a very large storm that impacted the whole system, he said it could take up to 7 days for all repairs to get done.

answered by Guest | 08-30-2011 at 02:50 PM

To date UI has restored 52 percent of the customers who were left without power. I think they're making fast progress considering the situation. There are countless lamp posts in the streets and they're working hard on it. We should all be patient.

answered by Guest | 08-30-2011 at 11:39 PM

I'm writing this from a friend's house because United Illuminating still has not restored power in my house. I wonder when they're going to get everything working, it's so annoying to be without the Internet.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 07:25 AM

UI Outage Progress
At this web address you can see the total outages by town and the progress toward the return to full service.

tinyurl.com/3gsq42k

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 02:11 PM

UI sucks
Their website is down. And the people on the phone is not helpful.

The CEO and COO should be fired.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm writing this from a friend's house because United Illuminating still has not restored power in my house. I wonder when they're going to get everything working, it's so annoying to be without the Internet.
Are you really serious? Do you really have the nerve to say something so superficial when some people lost their homes, some have no water or phones and many still without electric. This is exactly what is wrong with our self centered society. In your free time, why don't you go out and see what you can do to help those less fortunate than poor you who has no internet.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 08:56 PM

I have not seen a UI truck out in West Haven since the power went out. It was a simple line that was hit. All i have seen was city trucks cutting down trees. This was a category 1 storm. What would happen if it was a 2 or 3?

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 09:51 PM

I hope the citizens of CT are ready for the massive rate increase that is coming from the UI and CLP. Boy its going to be a good one. The UI truck came down my street and said you have a tree down really! How about when are you going to remove the tree and get power back in North Haven.

answered by dellis | 09-01-2011 at 04:43 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.