Is The iPad Worth It?

Is The iPad Worth It? Is it worth the price and money you pay for it?
I have an iPhone and i was wondering if an iPad is worth it even if i already have an iPhone to browse the web wirelessly. I don't want to buy it if I'm not going to use it.
The price is $499 so I should think this through before making a decision.
Can you listen to music using an iPad?
Did you buy an iPad, how is it? is it worth it?

asked by Valerie in Hardware | 83980 views | 01-27-2010 at 09:51 PM

For some people, any product associated with Apple is golden.

Steve Jobs today introduced the iPad, which starts at $499.
To know if the iPad is worth it for you I say you try one first. Some people played with the iPad and they say it is better for reading books, playing video games and watching online video than laptops or the iphone. Remember that with the iPad you will be able to play interactive games like those seen in Microsoft surface.
I say you give it a try and see if you like the iPad.

Maybe you'll just not feel it. In that case is not worth it.
Me, it's a shiny new Apple product and I'll get one.

answered by Lauren | 01-27-2010 at 10:05 PM

Of course it is worth it.
The iPad is not a disappointment like some people say. The iPad is a new way to read books and play games.
You will be able to do stuff in the iPad you were never able to do in other devices.
It is worth it. End of discussion.

answered by Alfred | 01-28-2010 at 01:49 PM

iPad Review
i think the iPad is just a iPhone with a bigger screen...
After watching videos on the iPad, it includes nothing more than an iPhone apart from:
Slightly adjusted built in apps
Larger screen
iBooks
iWork
better technology e.g. its faster

But, even after what I've mentioned above i think it is worth the money.

answered by Guest | 01-28-2010 at 06:21 PM

what?!?
the iPad is not worth it, it can't play flash so 75% of games pics and videos are no viewable. and the iphone was even better in the respect that it has a camera. So the ipad is really a over sized ipod touch. You guys would probably buy a product from apple if the crapped in their fany metal cases and called it an ifart.

answered by Guest | 01-30-2010 at 12:37 AM

Apple doesn't support flash because they want to support html5 the newer way of the web and not encourage flash codding besides if you want to use flash use your computer. But yes Hulu on the iPad would be awesome.

answered by Guest | 01-30-2010 at 03:37 AM

Who care about those features?
Flash is becoming obsolete. Can you imagine holding a small computer in new york taking a pic of lady liberty that's how it would be with the iPad why would you want a camera seems to clumsy. And why would you want USB, what is the point you have the other fancy thingy

answered by Guest | 02-04-2010 at 04:23 AM

I think that the iPad would be better for reading and watching movies than actually playing games. Most people have games on their iTouch or iPhone, and many of those would be as good as on an iPhone. For example, the game PapiJump would be ridiculous to play on the iPad because of its size. Same thing with Call of Duty: Zombies.
Pros of iPad:
Good for watching videos
Good for web browsing
Good for reading

Cons of iPad:
How on Earth would you carry it around? Unlike the iPhone, this cannot simply fit into your pocket
Cant use one hand to type on keyboard, unlike iPhone
Cant be jailbroken
Hard to carry, unlike the iPhone, which fits into the palm of your hand

To sum it up, I would say that the only thing different from this and an iTouch, is that this has a bigger screen. you are paying $300 more for an big screen. Think about it.

answered by Guest | 02-07-2010 at 02:27 AM

It's Totally Worth It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Cons of iPad:
How on Earth would you carry it around? Unlike the iPhone, this cannot simply fit into your pocket
Cant be jailbroken
I've heard rumors that since the iPad runs on the same stuff as the iPhone (the iPhone OS stuff) that the same people who have come out with the jailbreak for that will be able to jailbreak this. But even without Jailbreak, I'm willing to pay a couple bucks here and there for an app. This would be an easy replacement to my computer being that you can get an external keyboard for it. Jobs said you can save documents in Pages as Word documents so writing papers for school would be almost fun, just because I'm doing it on an iPad.
I'm not an Apple freak, I do like Macs, iPods, etc., but I'm open to any company coming out with things. But let's face it, Apple has everyone beat with their touch screen technology. No one could beat it with the iPhone/iPod Touch. The Droid came close, but the iPhone still won, even with the worse service. This will be the same, it has everything a basic person needs, video, music, photos, internet, iWork, and the whole freaking app store! I will DEFINITELY be getting one of these (most likely the 64GB one too!) once this comes out. Apple did it again.

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 05:34 AM

Yes
What many aren't understanding is that the iPad is much more than an iphone. Sure it can run all the apps for iphone and it looks like an iphone but with its larger screen and higher quality processing unit (A4) it has the potential of much more. We already see how iWork is running and how all of Apples apps (music video itunes app store safari ect) are working in ways not possible for iphone. Imagine being able to play a game like fieldrunners on a larger screen it would make it so much more fun to see better. Browsing the web wont just be a joke like on the iphone it will be possible to see much more of the screen. Sure there is no flash but what do people need flash for? youtube, flash games? Youtube is already there and there is no point in flash games when #1 you have the app store and #2 you dont have a mouse or keyboard. I have an ipod touch and a computer will I get the iPad YES because once app developers start making apps specifically for iPad it will be amazing with the capabilities the iPad has the apps will be much better.

answered by Guest | 02-20-2010 at 10:37 PM

It depends...
If you already own a laptop and an iphone, then no, don't get the ipad. On your computer, you can type documents and what not, whereas you cannot do that on an ipad. The ipad is mainly for surfing the web, playing games, watching movies, storing pictures, and what not. If this is what you are looking for, then great, get the ipad! However do not buy it if you are looking for a touch screen laptop. The ipad does feature iTunes and email and all sorts of neat things and Apps. If you know you will use it often, then it is a smart investment, if not, then don't bother. All I have to say is do not expect it to be your average laptop, remember it you cannot type up documents on it.

answered by Guest | 02-27-2010 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
If you already own a laptop and an iphone, then no, don't get the ipad. On your computer, you can type documents and what not, whereas you cannot do that on an ipad. The ipad is mainly for surfing the web, playing games, watching movies, storing pictures, and what not. If this is what you are looking for, then great, get the ipad! However do not buy it if you are looking for a touch screen laptop. The ipad does feature iTunes and email and all sorts of neat things and Apps. If you know you will use it often, then it is a smart investment, if not, then don't bother. All I have to say is do not expect it to be your average laptop, remember it you cannot type up documents on it.
Did you actually WATCH the video on it? Did you see how you can type up documents on it?

answered by Guest | 03-03-2010 at 01:33 AM

there's a app "document to go" basically is microsoft word
and one thing can be better than a laptop is that 3G network thingy
that means wherever you at, you can go on internet
laptop needs wifi

answered by Guest | 03-14-2010 at 08:47 AM

documents to go isn't that special
my storm has that app

answered by Guest | 03-14-2010 at 09:36 PM

no its not
I've read all these reviews and i agree that it is too much money for a big version of a ipod they are coming out with another ipad in 90 days that will cover 3g and unlimited access for 29.99 no contract required that i would say is worth the buy but the ipad itself isn't this has been said before its just a ipod touch with a bigger screen

answered by Guest | 03-15-2010 at 02:50 PM

Ipad
SO WHAT! the i pad is awesome I'm using mine right now and its amazing. do you have a small bag or brief case its easily portable and by the way #g sucks because its still at&ts so don't buy the newer one just walk 10 yards to your nearest coffee shop. so yes its worth it the only thing i want changed it the space bar is hard to reach but other than that its worth it

answered by Guest | 03-16-2010 at 07:46 PM

Opinions May Vary
This is about as comical as the poor fool that post a simple video on youtube,then 15 minutes later he is getting called filthy names, people saying that he sucks and getting a response about everything BUT the video he posted. He asked about a lame tattoo idea and ended up getting Sunday Schooled. God/Devil/Evolution/Aliens...who knows? Nobody, that's who! NOBODY! Just because what you believe in can't be proven to be false, doesn't make it true. And vice versa! Hopefully you learned something from this mess. And that lesson should be.....Not everything needs to be put to the masses before a decision can be made. Especially when the stupid tattoo is gonna be on you and not them!

answered by Guest | 03-19-2010 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
I've read all these reviews and i agree that it is too much money for a big version of a ipod they are coming out with another ipad in 90 days that will cover 3g and unlimited access for 29.99 no contract required that i would say is worth the buy but the ipad itself isn't this has been said before its just a ipod touch with a bigger screen
u said it wrong...the 3g network is actually with a contract...you would have to pay for the network monthly. Didn't you read the stuff already?? that's is why there is a difference between just the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi 3G because the second one u have to pay it monthly like a normal iphone.

answered by Guest | 03-20-2010 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
The iPad is not a disappointment like some people say. The iPad is a new way to read books and play games.
You will be able to do stuff in the iPad you were never able to do in other devices.
read books? BORDERS. Games? XBOX RIPOFF

answered by Guest | 03-23-2010 at 07:43 AM

I personally think that it would be much worth. People look at this product as an enlargement of an Itouch/ Iphone but due to the better processing power and advantages of having apps store. You could eventually upgrade your ipad into a very practical item in study, business or even lifestyle. Stop looking at better games or video. With a bigger screen it could be more than that. And I also think that the biggest strategy of ipad is not the hardware itself but the well developed of apps store. You can customized your ipad into almost any item that could be really practical in your life~ Cheers

answered by Guest | 03-24-2010 at 03:13 PM

Seriously?
The iPad is about convenience and portability. Do you know how annoying it is as a college student lugging my computer and books to class. Not to mention my planner and and materials. iPad will cut back on all of that, not only will i be able to view my course material online but i will be able to take notes in class with out this huge LCD laptop blocking my view an raising my professors suspicion. On a plane? Don't feel like manoeuvrings your laptop to fit on that pesky tray table? No problem, iPad is not too big and most certainly not as annoying as watching the tiny iPhone screen. If you can afford the iPad this is a no-brainer if you can't then, why are you even looking at apple products? Apple has never been known for affordability, go get a kindle and suffer.

Ron

answered by RonMan | 03-27-2010 at 10:51 PM

Humm...
I think the ipad is worth it, but you should definitely try it first. I am thinking of getting a new macbook and want to know if I should replace getting a macbook with the ipad. I like the price a lot better than a macbook, that's for sure! I have seen mixed views. However, what I plan to do is go to the Apple store and talk to a "genius." Based on that conversation, I will decide which to buy. Hope that helps!!

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
u said it wrong...the 3g network is actually with a contract...you would have to pay for the network monthly. Didn't you read the stuff already?? that's is why there is a difference between just the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi 3G because the second one u have to pay it monthly like a normal iphone.
Did you actually read about it??? There is no contract, it is a month to month agreement. If you want to cancel after 2 months you cancel with no repercussions or cancellation fee. Do you even know what a contract means??? A contract means you sign a 2 year contract and if you cancel early you owe them an early termination fee.

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 01:14 AM

The iPad is essentially an over-sized, next generation iPod Touch. Yes, the main and key difference about this product is that it is merely bigger.

It has no USB port so no thumb-drive file transfers like with a netbook or laptop, the current WiFi-only model means you are stuck to the same limitations as the iPod Touch, you need a WiFi hotspot or a cable to connect to a computer. What does this mean? It means it's very likely your current phone has more value on-the-go than the WiFi-only iPad because it's not limited to being used only at hotspots.

You can't compare the iPad to the iPhone for many reasons. It has no camera, can't call out, the phone version has 3G/EDGE support and the phone is based off a subscription service you pay monthly (via contract), the current release iPads aren't. In May the WiFi+3G model comes out for shoppers for $629, $729 and $829 for the 16, 32 and 64GB models respectively.

The iPad has speakers, a mic, volume buttons and a switch to lock-out the accelerometer. Nothing new here.

Some people have this idea that the iPad replaces a Netbook or laptop and that's just absurd. In an enterprise-level business environment no IT professional serious about network security in their right mind is going to allow someone to access their internal network (intranet) using a wireless connection. If you go to class or a meeting and someone has files on a thumbdrive to give to you, how are you supposed to transfer those files to your iPad without using an actual computer? You're going to have to tell that person to email it to you so you can download it to your iPad via WiFi or cabled up using Apple USB connector.

Apple has stated that their virtual keyboard is every bit as good as a regular keyboard, ********. A real keyboard is still better, easier and faster to type on. Apple iMac users can pair their little keyboard to the iPad to get around this and that's nice... for those iMac owners. You can BUY an external keyboard/iPad charger unit that has no numeric keypad. I swear Apple is against numeric keypads because it sure doesn't come with their $2500 iMacs either.

Someone told me "now I can read books with my iPad". Hello we can do that on our iPhones and iPod Touches too except they have a bigger screen to read it from. What's funny is the iBook app, while free, is not automatically included in the iPad, you must download and install it.

NO FLASH. This is a big issue with me because this was a concern and still a big minus in my book since the iPod Touch Version 1. Apple claims they didn't want to support Flash because of concerns to the overall battery life. ********. Using your iPad with the brightness cranked up, watching movies from a full charge until it dies, playing 3D games continuously will all drain the battery faster than using Flash occasionally.

HTML5? What does than have anything to do with Flash? Many people nowadays ignorantly repeat nonsense posted all over the internet without knowing the facts. Yes Flash is old but so what? Flash has gone through a lot of changes since Flash 1 was released back in the Pentium MMX days. The real reason why Flash isn't supported is simple, it is an issue with how Adobe (the makers of Flash and Photoshop) refused to pay the mega $$$ for the "privilege" to have their application supported in Apple's hardware. Yes, at the very bottom of Apple's clever brainwashing, it is about money folks.

One of the biggest problems I see is that Apple is shoving the world's worst browser (Safari) down everyone's throats. Safari regular (for computers) suck, what do you think the mobile version will be like? I've NEVER liked Safari. Heck in comparison Internet Explorer has gone through some remarkable changes that even I can now say that it's one heck of a browser, now.

Jailbreaking? LOL. I hear so many pro-Apple/Microsoft haters always taking about how awesome Apple is and why everyone else isn't. If Apple products were so awesome why is it that one of the most popular things to do on the current products is to "jailbreak" them? Apple wants to keep all the money you spend on apps, songs, movies, whatever to themselves. They don't want you to use applications they don't make dime off of. It's solid proof that people feel too restricted with Apple's software implementations so jailbreaking has become an almost mandatory thing with each major firmware release.

I'm not an Apple hater, but I have to put Apple folks in their place sometimes. I don't believe anything I see, hear and read unless I confirm it for myself. I ask that none of you take my comments as facts, go out and really look at things yourself and really be objective about your findings.

The iPad is however a beautiful product but a lot of its glory is deflated because we've all seen the iPod Touch, iPhone so the "WOW" impact is someone diluted with the iPad because other than being considerably larger and more expensive, it's like "hmm" than it is a "OMG WOW".

If I were to consider using the iPad like a netbook, I seriously recommend holding off until May when they release the WiFi+3G model. Yes the 3G portion puts you into the situation to pay for monthly fees just like any subscription for mobile communications but at least your iPad will be a lot more convenient when you're out on the road. It's nice to not be reliant only on WiFi hotspots and using it right next to a computer all the time kind of defeats the entire purpose of having an iPad in the first place.

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 05:27 PM

It is a Yes & No for the $$ you spent on this device, right now all I read about people talk about iPad is about its feature and its functionality, yet no one had mention the feeling of daily life and the cause and effect of it on each people's little behavior.
Yes cause it is give us lot of thing we hope we can do without think too much.
No because if you didn't buy one of silicon book cover accessory, you will feel the slippery at the front of screen, so you will hold tighter when you take it out. I don't care while you holding it, carry it those are not the issue for weight due to you use the forearm to carry it, not wrist; It is a bit heavy for wrist while taking it out from the purse, back pack, or even the iPad sleeve, and you need to take time to build the muscle to get use to it.
It has all the function for portable and e-reader desire but if it can't be as light as other e-reader I will not spent my $$ on it

answered by jBean | 04-04-2010 at 05:44 PM

I'd say no. You have all of the functionality of the iPad in your pocket. As for book reading, expect to get a headache, it is an LCD screen, not like Kindle or, hey!, books. You can read books in book format, which have quite the battery life and won't hurt your eyes. As for flash becoming obsolete, this is the cry of someone who wants to seem like they know what they're talking about, but only listens to idiots. Flash is in almost every webpage, over 75%, it is not going away any time soon. For every apple product, there is a cheaper, better, more open source, less evil option. That excludes the iPhone for now, but let's hope the user-friendly Android OS can change that.

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 10:42 PM

Suckers
If you bought an ipad chances are you have an iPhone or iPod touch. Ipad is the same ****. I'm sure some of you apple geeks would disagree saying it's faster and bigger. But it still does the same stuff. Flash is important to have everything is flash on the Internet regardless of what Steve Hand-jobs thinks. You could get a nice laptop for $500 and do ten times more with it but keep giving money to Jobs for more black turtle necks. **** apple

answered by Guest | 04-05-2010 at 01:02 PM

I'm buying one.
were getting one just for the kitchen with the dock and wireless keyboard.
it will be just mostly used for email, and quick reference to our wireless internet.
I will most definitely pack it on the plane for the kids to watch movies or play a game.

seems worth it to me.

answered by big fat freddy | 04-05-2010 at 09:48 PM

Deanna
I personally don't see the point in buying an iPad. It's a bigger version of an iPhone or iPod Touch. Who in there right mind would spend half of 1,000$ on that thing? Are you people crazy? You could spend your money on so many different, worth-buying products. Yes, it's huge breakthrough in this generation, but you don't actually need one. It's so big. Why would you lug that thing around with you? And if you kept it at home, you mine as well just get a laptop. Honestly I don't think it's something everyone should have in there homes. It seems pointless and very expensive. The device functions like the iPod Touch and iPhone, so it's not like it's anything completely new.. I would suggest thinking to yourself if you actually need it. Or just buy an iPod touch or iPhone, it's cheaper. The iPad is absolutely stupid, in my opinion. I would love for someone to tell me what makes it so different from anything anyone's ever seen besides the fact that it's bigger and more powerful.

answered by Guest | 04-09-2010 at 05:22 AM

Apple fanboy is wrong: Here's why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Sorry Apple fanboy, but you are wrong. In one respect you are right, it is a new way to read books. But lets not forget that the word "new" does not mean "better". This statement can also be used to refer to games. I will say that it is good for doing everything an iPod does, but God forbid I get the urge to listen to music at the same time because if I ever did, I would be ****-outa-luck. But good thing people never get the urge to do that sort of thing, right? Oh, and lets not forget the real kicker: no Flash. There goes half the internet. Lets see, other problems...no USB port, and I can't watch HD movies.

Well have fun with your Maxi pad...er I mean iPad. I'll stick with my laptop.

answered by Zinix | 04-10-2010 at 10:39 PM

all i can say to people who say "it can't do this, it can't do that" is "with ongoing development of apps, the possibilities are endless" i don't own one, and i have no plan on buying one due to i already have a PC, laptop, smartphone/mp3 player.

answered by Guest | 04-20-2010 at 12:58 AM

Lol.
Quote:
documents to go isn't that special
my storm has that app
Wow, so you type documents on your phone?

answered by Guest | 04-25-2010 at 02:27 PM

Ipad
Quote:
SO WHAT! the i pad is awesome I'm using mine right now and its amazing. do you have a small bag or brief case its easily portable and by the way #g sucks because its still at&ts so don't buy the newer one just walk 10 yards to your nearest coffee shop. so yes its worth it the only thing i want changed it the space bar is hard to reach but other than that its worth it
Exactly. I'm looking forward to mine. I have two touches and every nano to come out. I can't wait for this. I can finally throw away my Dell inspiron haha

answered by Guest | 04-26-2010 at 01:54 PM

iPad
its worth it
but wait till the next one comes out
it will be better and cheaper

answered by Laxkidd | 04-26-2010 at 10:50 PM

ipad
The ipad is only the beginning of many amazing beneficial electronic devices. It might just be a oversize iphone but you have to be realistic with the price and how it benefits yourself. for me i think the price is reasonable for its capabilities. such as its hard drive, how fast the internet is, all the apps, and 9' 7' very portable screen that is no larger then a piece of notebook paper. you would be surprised when your holding the ipad and you feel like you hold the internet in your hands. I prefer a ipad over a computer any day. with the ipad your avoiding slow internet, viruses, breakdowns, and lameness. so before judging and making your decision so fast go to your nearest apple store and try one out. i dare you. then one day you will thank me.

answered by Guest | 05-01-2010 at 07:17 AM

Quote:
I think that the iPad would be better for reading and watching movies than actually playing games. Most people have games on their iTouch or iPhone, and many of those would be as good as on an iPhone. For example, the game PapiJump would be ridiculous to play on the iPad because of its size. Same thing with Call of Duty: Zombies.
Pros of iPad:
Good for watching videos
Good for web browsing
Good for reading

Cons of iPad:
Cant be jailbroken
Hard to carry, unlike the iPhone, which fits into the palm of your hand

To sum it up, I would say that the only thing different from this and an iTouch, is that this has a bigger screen. you are paying $300 more for an big screen. Think about it.

D'OH it's a kind of tablet PC...you would not put a tablet PC inside a pocket or fits the palm of your hand...it will defeat the purpose it was built for...i think this is another product from apple that will revolutionize the world...give it two years all the big company will have a similar product to the iPad

answered by Guest | 05-03-2010 at 08:57 AM

Why an iPad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by big fat freddy View Post
I'm buying one.
it will be just mostly used for email, and quick reference to our wireless internet.
I will most definitely pack it on the plane for the kids to watch movies or play a game.

seems worth it to me.
For use in the kitchen for email and quick reference on the internet??? Wow. Are you serious? That's the primary use you have for the iPad?
That is a ridiculous main use for the iPad and not worth it at all. How is that worth it to you??
You fall into the category of, "getting an iPad for the wrong reason" or "it has an apple logo, so I need it."

If you absolutely have to have a wireless keyboard for the main use of your iPad, then just buy a laptop. It comes with a keyboard and will do quick reference and wireless internet better than the iPad...plus you'll have usb ports, and be able to multi-task and have access to a full operating system, etc, etc.

It is hilarious how many people I hear say they are getting an iPad to surf the web and the first thing they are doing is getting a keyboard for it. Hellooooo!!! You're essentially getting a very limited laptop. Just buy an actual laptop that will be cheaper and will get you a whole lot more.

There are really only a few niches (albeit an expensive way to fill that niche) for the iPad.
- Portfolio
- Presentation device to impress a client with look/feel of the iPad (it is a nice looking device)
- Situations you are in often where the slim iPad is more convenient than a small netbook or laptop (which I really can't think of many).

Here's an example...
If you had the option of buying one of two cars presented to you...

The first car costs $10,000 and has the ability to turn into a boat and drive across water, has 4-wheel drive and could handle dirt and rock roads if need be, and can plug into an ac outlet to charge the car to use without gas or you can use unleaded or leaded gas if you like. If the battery goes dead, you can replace it. It looks ok, nothing outstanding, but not ugly either.

The other car costs $15,000 and is for highway use only...you can't even go on dirt roads or rock driveways. If the battery goes dead, you cannot replace it and It only takes certain gas that you can only find in certain gas stations...but it has an apple logo on it and looks great.

The $10k car is essentially the laptop and the $15k car is essentially the iPad.

Again, a laptop does everything the iPad can do, plus a whole lot more and for less money. The ONLY reason to really buy an iPad is to try and impress people because of the slick looking hardware and the apple logo...which is fine in business situations when you are trying to impress a client to help gain their business...that's just good/smart business. But the iPad for home use only is just a waste of money when a laptop can do so much more for less money in almost every scenario.

I'd say that 90% of the people that are buying iPads, shouldn't be buying iPads. It's just not a smart purchase for most people.

answered by Xander Crews | 05-07-2010 at 02:03 PM

Are you for real?
Quote:
For use in the kitchen for email and quick reference on the internet??? Wow. Are you serious? That's the primary use you have for the iPad?
That is a ridiculous main use for the iPad and not worth it at all. How is that worth it to you??
You fall into the category of, "getting an iPad for the wrong reason" or "it has an apple logo, so I need it."

If you absolutely have to have a wireless keyboard for the main use of your iPad, then just buy a laptop."
Give me a break dude. The ipad fills a niche market that is a lot larger than you give credit For. There are plenty of people (think seniors) who would like a device that does exactly what the ipad does (in a more intuitive way) and don't have need for what a full laptop offers. Surf the internet, read a book check your email, without the need to understand the principles of a "window" metaphor. If I could have set my mother up with one of these years ago I would have saved myself 1000's of hours and countless headaches. Also, have you not watched a teenager in action? Most of them already have a laptop and still spend most of their time with more portable social networking devices. iPad fits right into that market.

And finally for those who are hung up on the lack of Flash...As a web designer I can tell you Flash was a bad idea from the beginning (IMO). Sure you could do some cool things with it, but no one should be required to download a plugin before they can view a page. Flash should have been browser native from the beginning. HTML 5 takes back the internet and eliminates the need for Flash. Any web designer worth his salt will be designing their pages to gracefully transition to HTML5 in the absence of Flash. This is only a transitional problem...just like when people transitioned to Flash in the first place. In a nutshell it is a temporary shortcoming.

answered by Guest | 05-10-2010 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
the iPad is not worth it, it can't play flash so 75% of games pics and videos are no viewable. and the iphone was even better in the respect that it has a camera. So the ipad is really a over sized ipod touch. You guys would probably buy a product from apple if the crapped in their fany metal cases and called it an ifart.
WHEN IS THE IFART COMING OUT?

answered by Guest | 05-13-2010 at 05:21 PM

Get a Mac book pro
You have everything that ipad does plus a REAL computer and NOT an oversized iPod
Plus the screen is going to be scratched even if you are Really careful with it. Hard to carry around too. No USB?What are we going to have to go through iTunes again in order to put stuff in?
NO FLASH?FOR REAL?
AND THE PRICE? OMG
Some people will just buy everything has an Apple logo on it
Apple failed big time

answered by Guest | 05-17-2010 at 01:04 AM

i think the iPad is worth the money, it may be an oversized ipod touch, but it can do WAY more. U can do things in HD that you couldn't do before, and you can get on your computer from your iPad. so i think that its worth it.

answered by Guest | 05-19-2010 at 02:19 AM

Too much power to apple?
Apple is making too big of a deal over ipad... i would rather get a touch screen laptop than 1 of these since they only cost a few hundred more, and an oversized ipod touch does not compare to a pc EVER. I think too much money is going to apple and now its going to their heads. My advice for apple is if your gonna make a tablet pc, then make it right. What also disgusts me is all the media attention and advertising ipod is putting into this garbarge. I give ipad a thumbs down.

answered by Guest | 05-19-2010 at 02:40 AM

OK
In My Opinion It's Just A Ipod Touch With A Bigger Screen And More Features But It's OK

answered by Guest | 05-22-2010 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
And finally for those who are hung up on the lack of Flash...As a web designer I can tell you Flash was a bad idea from the beginning (IMO). Sure you could do some cool things with it, but no one should be required to download a plugin before they can view a page. Flash should have been browser native from the beginning. HTML 5 takes back the internet and eliminates the need for Flash. Any web designer worth his salt will be designing their pages to gracefully transition to HTML5 in the absence of Flash. This is only a transitional problem...just like when people transitioned to Flash in the first place. In a nutshell it is a temporary shortcoming.
You miss the point. Flash is integral to a substantial number of websites as well as many from Fortune 500 companies. You don't have to like flash to integrate a flash reader into a web browser regardless of the evolution web coding. You also fail to recognize that HTML5 is not yet ready for prime time. Key streaming media providers are currently complaining about the limitations integral to HTML5. So your comments reflect a narrow understanding of the overall issues associated with Flash/HTML5 as do the attitudes of Apple Computer and their lemmings.

The absence of Flash from the iPad is simply a justification for jailbreaking the device and using a flash enabled browser until Apple gets their heads (and a certain orifice) wired together and act on the wishes of their user base instead of expecting us to blindly drink their Kool-Aid.

That said, I really like Apple products. But the absence of Flash, the QoS limitations of using 3G for streaming content, and certain non compliant behaviors relating to cutting and pasting between web sites and to other documents are the only things holding me back from purchasing iPads at this time.

answered by JGG | 05-22-2010 at 10:11 PM

Depends on you
If you are a super apple fan then yes it's worth it. If you are not rich or you are intelligent then no there are so many other choices that are better. 500 dollars for an over priced, bad specked touch pad that doesn't have USB? Or how about no flash, sure it's old but is still the most dominant coding used online. How about a media pad that requires you to add another purchase to move pictures onto it. It's worth it if you have to have apple features, if you need something useful or even worth the price then you will not find it here.

answered by Guest | 05-25-2010 at 12:14 PM

so at the end is it worth it or not mostly for a student?

answered by Guest | 05-25-2010 at 01:37 PM

pointless piece of crap
So overpriced and absolutely pointless- only for 'trendy' twats with too much money to spare.

Get a laptop!! Has USB ports etc, works with flash and has a keyboard amongst loads of other things.

answered by Guest | 05-25-2010 at 02:52 PM

Is it worth all the hype?
Simply put, NO! With good reason too!
Being an Apple fan for many years I've watch the development of many gadgets mostly concerning Ebook readers, Franklin ebookman to Apple Newton in it's hay day.
This is nothing new, where as the Newton was! This glorious over-sized Ipod touch is nothing more than a clever way to fill the pockets of Apple. Other wise there would have only been 2 models made instead of 6 and why did it take so long to make it, there's nothing new?
Think about the lack of an SD memory slot, if this was built in to the machine all you would have to do is add the memory card, which is a lot bloody cheaper than buying a completely new ipad!
To add, the original i touch has been around for a few years now, it has been revamped a few times, and at one stage someone did mentioned to make it bigger?
But here's the thing, this is neither a tool or something you can use everyday and the cost of using the 3G version in another factor most of you forget when you see a must-have toy like this, is it really worth the expense, you could after all buy a small laptop for the cost of this which can do a lot more!
If Apple really wants to change the world as we know it, add the bits that are missing and do the right thing instead of coming out with a half-made toy like this.

answered by Guest | 05-29-2010 at 10:59 PM

Meh
Why would you buy an iPad when it doesn't run Windows 7?
Until it can, the iPad is a kid's toy.

answered by Guest | 05-31-2010 at 03:41 AM

i'm getting one
i am getting an ipad for fun. most people who get an ipad get it to become a laptop so the first thing they buy when the get their ipad is a keyboard. if that's what you are going to do then just get a laptop, its a lot cheaper. i already have an iphone, several ipods and an imac but on an iphone, the screen sometimes isn't big enough and the built in keyboard isn't big enough. the ipad is basically a big iphone but to be honest, that's why I'm getting an ipad.

the ipad is too big to carry around in my pocket but if i want to carry something with the ipad features i would just take my iphone. i think that the price for the 64gb ipad with 3g is quite a lot of money so i am not going get the 3g version because all of my houses have wireless internet everywhere.

the only thing i want to know is CAN YOU PRINT DOCUMENTS OFF AN IPAD?????

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 10:07 AM

hey every one why are you all fighting and trying to kill each other with these long comments. anyone who like it go buy it. sorry go buy a couple of it. one for you bedroom. one for you toilet. and those who don't want to buy it. buy a laptop and get a life.

answered by snake_shah2003 | 06-03-2010 at 03:45 AM

huh
so if i get one will i get the internet for free or can i just use the internet from my router
I am scared help

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 09:52 PM

You cannot print documents or photos sorry.

No USB, SD, HDMI, Webcam, camera, phone, Flash support, upgradeable battery, memory, storage, no high definition for video, no multi tasking (yet)...

there's a lot missing from the ipad to warrant the price...

if it were half the current price, yes it's worth it,

but at the current price by no means is it worth it.

The only people i hear saying it is worth it, and bought one,
are those who can either write it off or got them free, or
are just so in love with owning the latest toys they make silly
decisions.

answered by Guest | 06-06-2010 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
read books? BORDERS. Games? XBOX RIPOFF
OK, lets see you play an Xbox while flying on a plane, or carrying 50 books from Borders with you in you bag! That comment was just stupid, wasn’t it?

answered by Guest | 06-08-2010 at 08:26 AM

ipad?
dont waste your money

answered by Guest | 06-10-2010 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big fat freddy View Post
I'm buying one.

seems worth it to me.
YES MAN! That's what I'm doing, great gadget!

answered by Guest | 06-10-2010 at 05:52 PM

To some, the iPad seems like a big iPhone that can't be used as a phone or a slightly smaller laptop that doesn't have the power of a normal laptop. I've never used an iPad and don't see how one could benefit me. Please let me know why I should get one if I already have an iPhone and a Laptop.

answered by Guest | 06-20-2010 at 04:50 PM

THE IPAD IS WORTH IT
the ipad is worth it.
once you try the ipad you will feel different. i was thinking about getting net book, because of it's size. the net books are awful. for a little bit more you can get an ipad which is , a kindle, a portable movie player, a gaming device, a music player, a web browser, and skads more. i went to the apple store they can't keep them on the shelves. in three words the ipad in revolutionary, swift, and worth it.

answered by GUEST | 06-27-2010 at 11:34 PM

Not really........
I bought the 64gb 3G Ipad for one specific app which works great. However, overall the iPad isn't very powerful, isn't expandable (typical for an Apple produce due to greed), and isn't very productive. I also have a new (very tiny) netbook that was a lot cheaper ($300 compared to $850). It has a 9 hour battery, 160Gb HD, 2 Gb RAM, and blows the ipad out of the water since it can run real software like Excel and MS Word. I have not been able to even find a decent word processor or spreadsheet for the Ipad yet. The Ipad games are also very lame and are similar to free flash game you can find on the internet (the Ipad will also not run Flash applications). The Ipad is a typical, over hyped Apple product that Apple fans blindly purchase. I recommend buying a quality netbook with an extended battery. The Ipad is good for entertaining my kids on long trips since it does pay movies well (so does my netbook).

answered by Guest | 06-29-2010 at 02:24 PM

confused.....
well... after seeing and reading all these mixed reviews I'm not too confident about buying the ipad.......its my b'day in a couple of weeks and i was thinking of getting an apple ipad for my birthday but I'm still not sure if the ipad is worth spending $499 on.....need some good advice....

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 01:56 PM

The iPad is just a bigger iPod Touch,get a laptop instead.
The iPad is just a iPod Touch, but with a bigger screen. Buy a laptop instead. Both devices plays music, plays videos, play games, send e-mails, browse the internet and are portable.

What the laptop can do that the iPad can't so that it has a USB, SD, HDMI, webcam, camera, Flash support, upgradeable battery, memory and storage.

So don't buy the iPad, wait 2 years later.

PS. I tried the iPad at Best Buy and it feels like a iPod Touch, but with a bigger screen.

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 07:38 PM

Wish I had not bought one.....
The more I use my 64gb 3g Ipad, the more I wished I would have just saved my $849. It just doesn't do much. It was so hyped by Apple, the media, and of course the Apple fans. I believe a lot of people like me are kicking themselves now for spend so much on a "toy" when we could have bought a tiny laptop with 100x the capability of the Ipad (and at a lower cost). The Ipad isn't expandable and can't even (at least to my knowledge) be hooked up to a printer. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS DEVICE!! Surfing the internet?? Maybe....but it will not run common internet Flash applications! If I'm missing the boat here, please tell me. It does a good job playing movies and music......but what else. I need it to at least be able to import/export Excel and Word files. It really is an enlarged Ipad.......pretty lame.

My advice.....buy a $200 to $300 Netbook with Windows 7. You get the ability to use real software, have an 8-10 hour battery life (it really does last that long), decent sized HD and memory, and a real keyboard. The Ipad has zero advantages over a netbook (ok ....it was a nice touch screen....big deal). Apple products are over hyped, overpriced, not expandable, and underpowered.

answered by Guest | 07-02-2010 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
OK, lets see you play an Xbox while flying on a plane, or carrying 50 books from Borders with you in you bag! That comment was just stupid, wasn’t it?
why would you carry 50 books on 1 plane trip?

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 08:44 PM

Well...
Well the iPad has many advantages such as a larger screen, great video viewing, fun games, and my favorite iBooks!!! I also must say that it it is very hard to type on and is kind of hard to use at times and that depending on your needs it might not be worth $400. It is revolutionary but it has been viewed as just a giant iPod touch I personally like this product and would most defiantly buy it if it had a camera. If you don't want a phone I would recommend waiting until spring for the next generation iPod thouch, which has 2 cameras. I might get an iPad in the future,but I would wait for a sale or price reduction. If you are looking for a laptop I would not recommend this product.

answered by Guest | 07-07-2010 at 11:03 PM

ipad
Think about it this way it's a touch screen so you can only type with two fingers so if you like to type long emails or such it would be pretty tedious. The screen in about 3 years it will snap like a twig if you consider it your computer, yes they say it is made with helicopter glass but if your constantly touching it or playing on it it will become weaker. It's screen is no different than a normal laptop or PC because on a laptop or PC you are not constantly touching it. I am probably the only person in America that does not want an iPad. ! more thing to consider is it a practical choice for me no for you it maybe the best thing, for me i don't want one because as you can tell i like to type long letters and i like my laptop better. Think about if you will use it everyday or once a year do you see yourself in a year or 2 using it if you do buy it if not get you something you will use.

answered by Guest | 07-10-2010 at 12:46 AM

My 2p !!

I work freelance, and often travel around working out of other peoples offices.

For this, I have a macbook-pro and mobile broadband dongle - with access to power, I am self sufficient all day, along with the iphone 4 - no probs.

On the move, iphone 4 does it al and I can keep in touch with emails, albeit on a small screen - but it is more than enough to resolve issues until i get to home or office.

My use for the ipad would be at home, when i don't want to keep 'firing up' the laptop, or charging it (it will only last for about 4 hours) - in this case, the ipad would be a really hand and pleasant way to surf and catch up on emails with an 'always on' device that isn't large and burning into your lap.

Further, its handy to carry around on none work days and holidays.

My 2p !

answered by Guest | 07-12-2010 at 07:36 AM

Nah, its too big to comfortably carry around to listen to music etc, but its too small to call an actual laptop. Unless you're a Norwegian prime minister trying to run his country you would have no practical use for this device. If you want to read books be a man and buy a kindle.

answered by Guest | 07-14-2010 at 10:31 PM

Long arguement.
This convo has gone from the time of it being announced to present day. Haha seems like some mixed reviews. Does anyone who bought one or going to have everyone around them in life calling them a fool or is that just me?

answered by Guest | 07-16-2010 at 01:13 PM

i am currently considering the pros and cons, i had planned to use the ipad mainly as a compact user friendly portfolio. this would give me the ability to take work to employers, clients, colleagues etc. i assumed this would be a great way of displaying work (rather than carrying an A1+ portfolio around). in addition i thought it would be ideal to use for the internet while traveling and so forth.
my concerns have been stated previously. the lack of flash seems a bigger deal that many of you are making out. CURRENTLY much of the media on the net is flash based. the lack of a usb port is surprising, how is one to easily transfer files, photos, videos etc. and finally the lack of storage.
a camera would have been nice also, it is an extra i suppose but £200 netbooks have these features.

any thoughts?

answered by Guest | 07-17-2010 at 11:05 PM

Ugh, I hoped to get an honest review on this site and instead encountered a bunch of Jobs fanboys. Face it people: the iPad is USELESS. You can do so much more with a $500 laptop, and would find it more useful in the long run, too.

answered by Guest | 07-27-2010 at 09:48 PM

waste of money
Waste of money if you ask me, it will be outdated in less then a year anyway. If you already have something that does everything you need, don't get caught up in the marketing and save the money for something better. Like a holiday. :P

answered by Guest | 07-29-2010 at 08:02 AM

depends on what you need it for!!
Well is really depend on what you use it for, if you just going to browse, read books, play games is really handy, If you travel a lot is so much easier to carry than a laptop, is also easy to use, but if you use it for work than you might wanna think twice, please don't compare between Ipad and laptop this two are different, Ipad was built not to be compare with any laptops, laptops of course is more useful, you can do more and is always better. I said Ipad is the gadget.

answered by Ria | 07-30-2010 at 07:15 PM

I've got an iPad and i think it's worth it. It's a lot more simpler to transport around with I am a student so it is very useful for me and it's fast.

answered by Guest | 08-07-2010 at 10:52 AM

The one reason it sucks.
Because it creates the most f****** annoying fan boys ever!
omfg! Apple re released an old product that still isn't that powerful! It's magical and only $6000! and it looks nice, too!

answered by Guest | 08-08-2010 at 07:01 PM

right now i want a new dell laptop and an ipod which totals $740 at the least there are other higher prices too, ipad is only $500 and it is both of those i've seen all the guided tours you can read books, play games, watch videos, look at maps, do word (pages), powerpoint (keynote), and excel (numbers) and you can save them and transport them to iwork or you can transport them to a different computer and print and you can also attach a keyboard to it, plus there is the matter of 3g i probably won't get 3g because i don't want to be walking down the street with an ipad in my hand surfing the web while going to the grocery store so would go with the 64 gb wifi only. ipad is great!!!

answered by Guest | 08-12-2010 at 01:51 AM

The iPad is worth it because you can read books on it and it saves paper and it is definitely worth it if it is 80% off

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 04:34 PM

depend..
I don't have an Ipad. I'm looking maybe for one, But waiting for the price to lower a little.
549 bucks for only 16 gig... mini netbook offer 160 gig for the same price and you can do everything better.
and 749 for 64 gig. It better... But with that price you got a very good mini notebook. And at this prices they are very small. with all the same stuff in it (wireless and adds)

I think the Ipad can be very good. But really not worth the price, very overprices. I suggest to wait a little.
If you ready to pay 800 for 64 gig, buy a mini netbook. DO exactly the same things but better. Faster, stronger, better. But Ipads is very good to read books. And maybe the screen is cleaner (cannot really tell, i don't have one). My opinion.

answered by Guest | 09-13-2010 at 05:39 AM

The ipad is not worth it. It breaks so very easily and that's valuable money down the drain. I rather have a mac or an iphone. They are both good products and the iphone is easier to hide in a pocket to protect from damage. the ipad is inconvenient and if you think its better for reading you're insane because the light will damage your eyes. don't be lazy! go to the library and get a book. That's an excuse for people to get something they only use for show. Small laptops can be easily taken with you anywhere and have a less chance of getting damaged at a drop of water or a too hard touch. ITS NOOOT WORTH IT

answered by Guest | 09-19-2010 at 12:39 AM

Quote:
I'm not an Apple freak, Apple did it again.
me think ye protest too much. cough*apple freak cough*

answered by Guest | 09-22-2010 at 07:41 AM

IPAD
I have now owned a 64gb 3g Ipad since they were released........not worth it! The flash issue is a big issue. Apple fans try to down play it but just try to watch news clips online....you can't. My $300 netbook is 100x better than my Ipad that cost $849. Ipads are lame!!!

answered by Guest | 09-22-2010 at 05:27 PM

I have been on one and I think that they are definitely worth it. I am asking for one for Christmas. Even though I like them, I don't get why people always go on about being able to read books on them. You do realize that you can read books.....by actually reading a book don't you? It's not exactly a new thing. But yeah; definitely worth the money.

answered by Guest | 12-10-2010 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah but you have to bb the attachable camera.

answered by Guest | 12-11-2010 at 10:41 PM

Well you know that i`m getting one today iPad is awesome!

answered by Guest | 12-11-2010 at 10:49 PM

'Cant use one hand to type on keyboard, unlike iPhone Cant be jailbroken'

It can be jailbroken.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 07:45 PM

WELL...everyone arguing is pretty funny!
But I really want an ipad, I went on one today i think it's great and really fast to surf the internet but is it.
Actually worth so much money when I can use the internet on a netbook WITH a webcam for cheaper .?
I really don't know........:S
Help. Any suggestions? Worth the money or not?....thanks .

answered by Guest | 12-26-2010 at 09:33 PM

Why can no one on this thread spell properly?

answered by Guest | 01-09-2011 at 06:08 AM

Re:
Well, the fact is that the iPad isn't really a necessity. Sure, if you want to be productive then you go out and buy a laptop, and most everyone has one. For me? I have a desktop, and honestly I'm considering getting and iPad for on the go (but not too on-the-go) things. I don't have an ipod touch, so I'm not going to be able to give a perspective about that.

The real difference between a laptop and an iPad is the fact that the iPad is more of a gadget. Trust me, if you get one, it WILL have a niche in your home. My brother has one, and even though he still thinks netbooks are better, its used in his house an awful lot. So if you're wondering about cost and benefit, you definitely shouldn't get one.

However, the iPad is great for casual leisure time. A lot of people have pointed out the difference of portable and mobile. I think that the iPad is more mobile than the laptop, for obvious reasons. It's better on the plane, train, and around the house. The laptop is a heavy duty, "No nonsense" device that allows you to be more productive, while the iPad excels in movies, games, and browsing.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the subject, I may or may not be getting one for Christmas, I think I'm going to have to do some more research. As for you all, I hope you guys make the best decision.

answered by Guest | 02-22-2011 at 12:46 PM

EASY EASY LEMON SQUEEZY
Well I don't own an Iphone, never owned an Ipod, never paid for an MP3 player or a satnav. I play scratched CD's in my car, I look at a tatty old atlas, I try and browse the web on my 4 year old sh1tty phone which barely connects to 3g!
So for me, Hell yeah the IPAD (IPAD 2) is worth it!! I am buying one this week.
The bonus for me is I own apple shares but no apple products, I earn $000's a year from people buying apple products, so I can treat myself to a shiny new gadget hahahaa!

answered by Guest | 04-30-2011 at 02:50 AM

I think the iPad is definitely worth it, specially if you have little kids.
They just love the device and play with it all the time.

answered by Guest | 06-05-2011 at 08:13 PM

lol....
The iPad is a waste of money......what can you do on it that you can't do on a laptop? or a phone? why bother paying $400 for an unnecessary item. So you can read books on it? cool...you still need to pay for the book, which you can save the $400 and go to your local bookstore and buy it.

So you don't want to travel to your book store? you can get books on any computer not just an iPad. It's portable? OK haha ya its portable if you have a briefcase....that's not portable...that's luggage. portable is being able to fit it into your pocket, take it with you with no hassle. If you buy it to carry it around your house then buy a laptop. You can get a very good PC for maybe $200 more and on the PC you can do A LOT more. The iPad is not heavy so i guess if you can't lift the extra 3 or 4 pounds of a laptop then you should spend the $400 on something that is 4 pounds lighter......the funniest part I believe about the iPad is that people say you can play video games on it.....?

You mean your going to spend $400 on an iPad so you can buy angry birds in the app store to then play it? first off angry birds is free online, second that is hardly playing games. Try playing a real game on the iPad and see if it will even load, such as World of Warcraft or Call Of Duty. If your going to pay an extra $30 a month for wireless coverage then you must have a lot of money to spend on something so obsolete.....where are you taking this device that you need wireless coverage? Are you rock climbing with this in your backpack and don't think there will be a WiFi bar close?

Apple fanatics will buy anything as long as it has an "i" in front of a word....think about the practicality before buying something that is just fueling this company to make pointless items and devices.

answered by Guest | 07-07-2011 at 06:57 AM

I really need help, my grandmother and grandfather want to buy me an iPad 2 for Christmas but I have a laptop and a Samsung galaxy! should they get me a new iPad or are they wasting their money ?

answered by Guest | 10-02-2011 at 04:39 PM

I don't think it is worth it, the way I look at it it the iPad is just a bigger iPod just with a bigger screen. And there is no way I'm going to spend 500 bucks on a bigger iPod when I can go out and buy a 4th generation iPod for only 200 bucks.

answered by Guest | 11-07-2011 at 05:02 AM

So far I'm disappointed. I bought an iPad 2 about 3 weeks ago. So far I loved my iPad 2 mostly because of how convenient, light, and fancy it feels and how nice videos look compared to my 8 year old laptop, BUT beyond that superficial feeling I am very disappointed.

Almost everything that you can do for free on a laptop costs money. There are very few free applications and all the ones I downloaded so far are very rudimentary and you have to pay for the nicer one. Even certain websites like Hulu.com will recognize the iPad as a mobile device and ask for a monthly fee, and all these monthly fees and applications add up. YouTube is one of the only free apps but without flash it is not high def. Getting flash is a complicated fiasco that doesn't really work so most of the videos and pictures you'd like to view are not viewable.

The dual cameras are fun but they take grainy pictures. and don't set $500 in your head. There are taxes, lots of them, and insurance, and coverage, and whatever else. I got the minimum I wanted to pay for and it cost me over $700, and so as much as I want to keep it as I'm an artist and I want it to show portfolio work, not being able to take the best pictures of my work and all the other prices adding up is making me want to return it. It just doesn't feel worth it if I have to pay for everything I'd enjoy on it. I am open to being convinced otherwise.

answered by Guest | 11-15-2011 at 09:46 PM

Well it is worth it, it depends. There are many useful apps that can only be found in the iPad because the iPod is too small.
In my case, I use my iPad 2 all the time, it's very thin so I cat carry it very easily, unlike a laptop that is way heavier.

answered by Guest | 11-27-2011 at 12:02 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.