Is Christmas Really Jesus Birthday?

I'm not a very religious person, but I really like Christmas because I think is the best time in the year so I would like to know if Jesus was born in this date or if this is just made up. I don't know if in Christmas is Jesus birthday but I think it's not because the Bible didn't say anything about it. Every year we celebrate that Jesus was born and I told my kids that Christmas is Jesus birthday and that's why we have to celebrate, but now I'm not sure and I don't like to tell them something that I don't even know, so if someone knows it would be great!!!

asked by Natasha in Holidays | 2711 views | 12-11-2012 at 02:35 PM

Christmas is not really Jesus birthday, because we don't know when exactly Jesus was born, and Dec. 25th is just a symbol. Roman pagans used to celebrate Saturnalia between December 17-25 and during this period Roman courts were closed and no one could be punished. Also, on Dec. 25 is the date of the southern solstice and this can be related to Christians because they consider Jesus to be the "Sun of righteousness". This date just represents Jesus Birthday and the important thing is what we think about the real meaning of this day. You can explain to your kids that Christmas is not the real date, but we don't know when he was born, so everyone decided to celebrate Jesus birthday during the winter solstice like the Romans used to years ago. I hope this is good information to you!!!

answered by Sidney12 | 12-11-2012 at 02:37 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
For me, Jesus was born on December 25th, and that's why we celebrate that day, because is his birthday.

answered by HOPE | 12-11-2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
I'm not a ver religious person, but I really like Christmas because I think is the best time in the year so I would like to know if Jesus was born in this date or if this is just made up. I don't know if in christmas is Jesus birthday but I think it's not because the Bible didn't say anything about it. Every year we celebrate that Jesus was born and I told my kids that Christmas is Jesus birthday and that's why we have to celebrate, but now I'm not sure and I don't like to tell them something that I don't even know, so if someone knows it would be great!!!
Jesus was born in the fall, so this is not his birthday.

answered by Guest | 12-19-2012 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
I'm not a ver religious person, but I really like Christmas because I think is the best time in the year so I would like to know if Jesus was born in this date or if this is just made up. I don't know if in christmas is Jesus birthday but I think it's not because the Bible didn't say anything about it. Every year we celebrate that Jesus was born and I told my kids that Christmas is Jesus birthday and that's why we have to celebrate, but now I'm not sure and I don't like to tell them something that I don't even know, so if someone knows it would be great!!!
No, it's Santa's birthday

answered by Guest | 12-20-2012 at 12:09 AM

BIRTHDAY OF CHRIST
I'm Christan and I know that Jesus birthday is not on Christmas, it's in fall and it's not Santa's birthday either. I hope you know now.

Rebecca

answered by Guest | 12-28-2012 at 08:38 PM

YES!
Well Jesus was really born in the spring time but we celebrate his birthday December 25th.

answered by smartest Girl On EARTH!! | 12-31-2012 at 04:16 PM

No
No it's not. This day we celebrate it but we don't know when Jesus was born.

answered by Guest | 01-18-2013 at 12:56 AM

OF CORSE
Of course it is, there been proof that Jesus was the son of God and He was born on December 25th

answered by Guest | 01-20-2013 at 02:30 PM

jesus' birthday
No, because I watched this video on astrology and actually Jesus was born in the spring, not the winter. December 25 was just a date they decided to put it on. They know this because in the Bible people were talking about all that was happening and about the alignment of the stars. The position that they were in was the position during spring, so he was actually born mid-April.

answered by emibeccarogers | 01-21-2013 at 09:50 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.