Thanksgiving Appetizers & Side Dishes Recipes?

What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish or appetizer?
What kind of appetizers are good for thanksgiving? I am going to my whole family for Thanksgiving.
I would like to have a good appetizer or side dish besides my usual veggie tray.
I'm already making a Pumpkin Cream Pie, but I'd like to have something else as well.

What other ideas are there? I'm making an eggnog cheesecake too. Its made just like a regular cheesecake only with eggnog in it. You can even throw in your favorite side dish recipe if you want. Thanks.

asked by Gianna in Holidays | 3328 views | 11-22-2010 at 12:42 AM

When I make a turkey everyone loves this side dish. It's mashed carrot and turnip.
Boil carrots and turnips together, when they're done drain and mash them add butter and brown sugar. pretty much as much as you like, but taste it as you go. It's so good, and sweet and everyone loves it.

As an appetizer I prepare shrimp dip, it's delicious.
Just take a bag of frozen cooked shrimp and defrost. Put in a bowl of warm water for 5 min. Take off the tails, cut up each shrimp into small pieces. Mix with one block of room temp cream cheese, a handful of diced chives, and squeeze half lemon. Serve cold with wheat thins.

Also as an appetizer you can make traditional southern Deviled Eggs.
Here's the recipe.

Ingredients

* 7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
* 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
* Salt and pepper, for taste
* Paprika, for garnishing
* Sweet gherkin pickles sliced, for garnishing
* Pimentos, for garnishing

Directions

Halve 7 eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika, pickles and pimentos. Store covered in refrigerator.

Good luck with your side dish and appetizer!

answered by Chloe | 11-22-2010 at 12:43 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.