PHOTOS: Bobby Orr Statue Pictures?

Today Bobby Orr unveiled the 800-pound bronze statue commemorating his famous overtime goal against the St. Louis Blues that gave the Boston Bruins the 1970 Stanley Cup 40 years ago.
Where can I see some pictures of Bobby Orr's statue?
I tried searching the web but all I could find were news articles about Bobby Orr's statue and no photos.
Where can I see the pictures of the statue?

asked by Adan in Other - Sports | 3396 views | 05-10-2010 at 10:21 PM

Bobby Orr's bronze statue is 110 per cent the dimensions of Orr in the flesh, a 250-kilogram sculpture depicting the airborne No. 4 after he scored THE GOAL on May 10, 1970, to capture the Stanley Cup for the Boston Bruins.

Pictures of Bobby Orr's statue.

Bobby Orr's statue

Bobby Orr statue
Harry Sinden, coach of the 1970 club, recalled watching the goal take place -- a sequence that saw Derek Sanderson send a pass to Orr.

"When Bobby left his position to go in and take that pass from Derek, we were watching once more the ultimate risk/reward player that ever played," Sinden said.

The statue stands at the west end of TD Garden, about 20 yards from Causeway Street, which Harry suggested to Boston Mayor Thomas Menino be renamed "Bobby Orr Place."

Orr was joined by former teammates Johnny Bucyk, Derek Sanderson, Ken Hodge Sr., Johnny "Pie" McKenzie, Don Marcotte and Gary Doak. Orr gave special thanks to Kathy Bailey, the widow of Garnet "Ace" Bailey who died in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States.

answered by Lexi | 05-10-2010 at 10:26 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.