Miniature Muntjac?

What kind of animal is a miniature muntjac? Is it some sort of deer, just smaller? Or is it another animal?

asked by Jacob in Other - Pets & Animals | 3022 views | 08-10-2009 at 05:44 PM

The miniature muntjac or "leaf deer" is the oldest and smallest species of deer in the world. The miniature muntjac was discovered in the Myanmar region of the Eastern Himalayas in 1997.

It was originally thought that the tiny deers, measuring between 24 ad 31 inches tall, were baby deers of another species. DNA testing confirmed that the miniature muntjac was a newly discovered species.

It is also Called: Leaf deer, leaf muntjac, barking deer or muntiacus putaoensis.

answered by Joja | 08-10-2009 at 05:45 PM

This Miniature Muntjac found in Woodforest National Bank, I think is a precious and cute and cudly and sweet and playful baby deer. I can hardly wait to eat one just like that! Although wild animals shouldn't be torn away from their mothers just to please some humans, I think Miniature Muntjac are better off in Woodforest National Bank. From what I've read about these Miniature Muntjac, they're very playful and enjoy this type of interaction with animals of the same size. Now if it was a huge dog, I'd see other people's concern.

answered by Titi | 08-10-2009 at 05:48 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.