Leslie Nielsen Death?

I just heard about Leslie Nielsen's death.

Leslie Nielsen was a Canadian actor who began his career in serious dramatic roles and gained a wide audience in comedy spoofs.
I will always remember Mr. Nielsen as the man who made me laugh so hard and so long that I couldn't help but drool a little bit.

What was Leslie Nielsen's cause of death? How old was he?

asked by Dustin in Movies | 2563 views | 11-29-2010 at 07:13 AM

Leslie Nielsen died of complications from pneumonia at a hospital near his home, surrounded by his wife, Barbaree, and friends. Leslie Nielsen was a serious actor who became a comic star with his career-changing role in "Airplane!" He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen passed away in a hospital near his Fort Lauderdale, Florida, he had reportedly been hospitalized for nearly two weeks prior to his death.

When Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker cast Nielsen in Airplane!, they were looking not for a classically funny guy: they were looking for a man who could play as if entirely unaware he were the funniest character in a movie. The disaster-movie parody spawned his entirely apt trademark line, in response to the exclamation, "Surely you can't be serious!": "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."

Nielsen came to Hollywood in the mid-1950s after performing in 150 live television dramas in New York. With a handsome face, blond hair and 6-foot-2 height, he seemed ideal for a movie leading man.

Leslie Nielsen made his film debut in 1956’s “The Vagabond King,” before graduating to leading man roles in films such as “Forbidden Planet,” a sci-fi film co-starring Walter Pidgeon, and “Tammy and the Bachelor,” a romantic comedy with Debbie Reynolds. Though Nielsen continued to act in films and television, he never truly connected with audiences until the 1980 comedy “Airplane!”.

Nielsen also was married to: Monica Boyer, 1950-1955; Sandy Ullman, 1958-74; and Brooks Oliver, 1981-85. Nielsen and his second wife had two daughters, Thea and Maura.

answered by Shonda | 11-29-2010 at 07:14 AM

comment