CL&P Power Outages in CT?

Storm Alfred caused quite a mess in CT, there were many power outages reported by CL&P due to downed trees and power lines.
All of the 149 cities and towns served by Connecticut Light & Power (CL&P) were affected by the storm.
Does anyone know when CL&P is going to restore electricity to the affected areas? Is there an estimate time of when all the power outages are going to be fixed?
My mother lives in CT and I just talked to her, she is without power and when she called CL&P, they wouldn't answer the lines. Is there a map of the affected regions in CT?

asked by Braxton in Internet | 7715 views | 10-30-2011 at 03:43 PM

CL&P warned customers to prepare for the worst-case scenario with power outages, for some, lasting a week or more.
More than 794,000 CL&P customers in CT are without power so Governor Dannel P. Malloy declared a state of emergency for the second time in just over two months.
This is the second-highest number of weather-related outages CT has ever experienced.
The power outages even surpassed those from Hurricane Gloria in 1985, one of the worst storms in state history. I couldn't find a map but most of the state is affected by this.

answered by Amy | 10-30-2011 at 03:48 PM

I just called CL&P, I'm from Connecticut, and they said that the problem is serious and can't tell when I'll have electricity again. Apparently the power outages won't be solved as quickly as I thought.
I'm at my uncle's house using his Internet because I have no power at home.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 08:18 PM

The power in Connecticut is not expected to be fully restored for close to a week. That's pretty depressing, specially for Halloween.
CL&P says they're working around the clock trying to restore the power to residences.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 06:53 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.