Time Change Fall 2011 in United States?

We're in Fall 2011 and a time change is about to happen soon in the United States.
It's because of the Daylight Savings Time, but they have moved the dates so much I don't know if I'm supposed to go an hour ahead or go back an hour in my clock.
I just hope they came up with a law that completely eliminates the time change in fall and spring from the United States.
Can anyone help me know what day in 2011 is the time change and how I'm supposed to change my clock?

asked by Luke in Internet | 6983 views | 10-20-2011 at 04:39 PM

The time change takes place on different dates in the fall in the northern hemisphere. It ends on different dates in the spring in the southern hemisphere.
In the United States, time will fall back to standard again on Sunday, November 6, 2011, when daylight saving time ends.
I think DST and the time change was originally created so that school children waiting on the bus in the morning would not have to wait in the dark. And I don't believe they're going to ever eliminate it in the United States.
It also depends on what State of the US you live in, they each have different laws on the matter.

answered by Desmond | 10-20-2011 at 04:39 PM

In the Fall- your time 'falls' back: go back an hour. This year it happens on Sunday November 6, 2011. In the Spring, you 'spring' forward an hour. Same thing every year: forward an hour in Spring, back an hour in Fall.

answered by Guest | 10-20-2011 at 11:16 PM

The federal government doesn't require U.S. states or territories to observe daylight saving time, which is why some states keep their time unchanged.
On the first Sunday in November 2011, daylight saving time ends and the clocks fall back one hour.

answered by Guest | 10-21-2011 at 10:22 PM

I don't understand why some people get some confused about the time change.
It's fairly simple and it just happens twice during the year, besides, every news channel specifically explains when and how you should change the clocks in the fall. So there's nothing to be confused about.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2011 at 02:27 AM

I'm one of those people that gets easily confused by the time change, and it's not because I'm dumb.
It's because I find it unnecessary and annoying, our clocks should stay the same throughout the year, I really don't think we save that much energy with the time change during the fall.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 12:19 PM

Here's a cool fact about the time change during the fall in the US.
Trains cannot leave a station before the scheduled time. So, when the clocks fall back one hour in October, all trains in the U.S. that are running on time stop at 2:00 a.m. and wait one hour before resuming. Plus, they have to work one more hour.
I find that pretty funny.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 06:46 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.