Charlie Davies Car Crash?

U.S. national team forward Charlie Davies was injured in a car crash and they say the other person was killed, it happened today in Washington, D.C.
Is he going to be alright for the world cup? I heard more than 5 hours of surgery were required to heal him. How injured is he?
I saw Charlie Davies goals on youtube. Pretty sweet in my opinion.

asked by Carlos in Soccer | 4537 views | 10-13-2009 at 09:52 PM

Poor Charlie Davies, he was expected to undergo more than five hours of surgery. Neil Buethe, the U.S. Soccer Federation spokesman said Davies' injuries were not life-threatening. He initially said the injuries were "possibly" career-threatening but later he said no.

"Obviously, as a team we were saddened to learn this news," Bradley said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Charlie and his family, as well as the other person in the car and the families of the others involved. ... We are relying on each other in a moment that has for sure hit us all hard."

I hope he plays at the world cup.

answered by Polio | 10-13-2009 at 09:58 PM

Schlosser said there were three people in the car, and that Roberta was not the driver. Davies and the other person in the car were taken to Washington Hospital Center Medstar, one by land and one by helicopter. Schlosser did not say who was driving the car, and the cause of the accident remained under investigation.

The U.S. team was in Washington area to prepare for Wednesday night's World Cup qualifying game against Costa Rica.

Maurice Edu, who has played for the U.S. team posted this message on his twitter:

"Just got some terrible news about my boy. I'm done tweeting for the day, too much stuff runnin through my head."

answered by Steve | 10-13-2009 at 10:01 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.