Infidelity in Marriage Signs?

Infidelity has different faces...and different signs and patterns.
My husband and I have been married for 3 years. Alcohol, an out of town business trip and opportunity led to him meeting a new business associate at a professional dinner.
I suspect he's cheating on me, but I'm not sure to call it infidelity just yet.
What are the signs of infidelity? How can you tell your partner is cheating on you?

asked by Brayden in Dating | 3380 views | 12-12-2009 at 02:50 AM

Yes, infidelity is complex. You probably know that or perhaps feel the overwhelm and confusion.

Most I work with find tremendous relief, a sense of control, confidence and power once they pinpoint the situational signs of infidelity.

Here are some signs and patterns you can expect in this kind of affair (from buzzle.com):

Expect that your spouse will have a very powerful attachment to the other person. The other person will consistently be on her mind. Your spouse will shift energy away from you, the children, the household and her career to her affair relationship. She will be focused, but not on you. Your spouse will attempt to push you away by avoiding you, ignoring you, closing off communication or walking away.

The affair will most likely be a long-term affair. It will be very difficult for your spouse to walk away from the other person. He may try on a number of occasions but will continue to gravitate back to the other person. He will hold on tenaciously. This is probably the first or only affair for your spouse. Your spouse is not interested in playing or fooling around but powerfully attaching to the other person. The other person is the savior!

answered by Kolley | 12-12-2009 at 02:52 AM

Here are some warning signs that your spouse could be cheating on you.

* Your spouse seems bored. Bored with you, with job, with kids, with hobbies, with life in general.
* Your spouse seems to want danger or thrills in his/her life.
* There is considerably less intimacy in your relationship. Your sex life is practically non-existent.
* Your spouse has a low self-esteem.
* You notice your spouse has a sense of confusion about self.

answered by Porky | 12-12-2009 at 02:53 AM

1. Long, unexplained/frequent, unexpected business trips.
2. Increase in alcohol use or tobacco use.
3. Sudden boredom with intimacy. (treat him to a night of his fantasies. if this seems to do absolutely nothing for him, he is most likely unfaithful)
4. Coldness, he isn't sharing things with you, he is unresponsive to kids and to you.
5. Leaving suddenly. (Honey, I just got called into the office, I'll be back late, don't wait up.)
6. Clothing that smells unusually heavily of fabric refresher/cologne.
7. Jumpiness, nervous.
8. Inability to communicate with you. (frequent fighting over silly things)

Those are just a few that I have picked up on from my mother's two divorces. I hope that he isn't cheating on you, no woman deserves that. But if he is, kick his @$$ to the curb and don't ever let him hurt you again. If he can't stay true, he doesn't deserve you.

answered by Guest | 05-03-2010 at 04:07 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.