Meritline Scam?

Is it safe to buy from meritline.com???
I read on the web some posts about people ordering from Meritline and finding out the whole place is a scam.
I am about to buy something from them and I'd like to know what is your experience with Meritline.
Is it a scam? Should I trust them?

asked by Sage in Other - Electronics | 19574 views | 11-30-2009 at 08:39 PM

I was afraid at first too after I read this message about Meritline:

"Ordered re-manufactured toner cartridges from MERITLINE.COM, it took them 1 day to charge my credit card, and after two weeks, received a notice that order shipped, with a non-existent Fed-ex tracking number. Called Company, they tranferred me a couple of times, then could not give me any info re shipment, so I cancelled order, and called mycredit card."

This made me think they were a scam.
But that is not the case though.
They are a trustworthy site I do business with them all the time. I have not noticed them being any slower than any other site I've ever delt with.

answered by Jules | 11-30-2009 at 08:42 PM

Meritline is not to be trusted
I rarely comment about companies and the way they do business. However, I recently purchased cheap HDMI cables from their company only to find out a week later just over $1200 had been taken from my checking account with my debit card numbers as a result of my purchase through their company. These purchases include over $300 to Skype and a few hundred dollars to gaming websites.

answered by Guest | 01-04-2010 at 05:54 PM

Definitely a legit company
I buy from Meritline all the time because they have great deals that are just too good to pass up. I've been purchasing from them for a few years and never had any issues. The shipping from China items takes a bit to arrive but they tell you right from the website that it may take up to 3 weeks since it's shipping from their China warehouse. If I buy items inventoried in their US warehouse, I usually get them in 1-2 business days (I'm in California as well). Great company overall.

answered by Guest | 04-16-2010 at 09:57 PM

I was worried a little too
I was worried a little too but could not pass up buying the item when I finally was able to get it for $0.79 (with coupon) instead of $2.99 or $3.99. I ordered it and waited as per what the website said. It arrived and although it looks cheap it functioned. It read my M2 card, transferred data to and from during my test. I have not tried two cards in at once but I will. Your question about the site is fair and reasonable. I had a good experience so far and will likely order again as a result of my experience thus far. The prices seem reasonable and from what I have seen some seem to get faulty or nonworking items. Therefore I still hold some doubt myself but am so far satisfied with my first purchase. Thus far I can't say they are a scam site because they did deliver as promised. Ask what the return policy is and weigh whether the purchase is worth the risk.

answered by Guest | 06-15-2010 at 08:28 PM

i love meritline
been buying deals for about a year, it's true you get what you pay for, but great deals on cables, etc... never been disappointed

answered by tony | 08-26-2010 at 02:13 PM

Wrong Product
I'm not sure if they are scammers, but they got my order wrong and I'm currently on hold with customer service. I will post again if I don't get satisfaction

answered by Guest | 10-29-2010 at 08:05 PM

Not bad
I've been buying from Meritline for a year now, and been satisfied. You don't expect super quality for something you pay 1/2 the market price, but they also some other brand name electronics for competitive prices. I always use Paypal to purchase and never had any problems.

answered by Guest | 12-22-2010 at 03:02 PM

I've been buying from Meritline for about a year and have been very happy with each purchase so far. I haven't had any problems regarding stolen card info, or anything of the sort.
The ones that ship from Asia have taken between 2-3 weeks to arrive, and the ones that ship from the US usually arrive within 3 days.

answered by Guest | 06-17-2011 at 12:33 AM

My experience says they are a scam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Is it safe to buy from meritline.com??? I read on the web some posts about people ordering from Meritline and finding out the whole place is a scam.
I am about to buy something from them and I'd like to know what is your experience with Meritline. Is it a scam? Should I trust them?
I ordered a firewire to USB adapter, they also charged my credit card and stated that the item would arrive in about 10 days. It never has.

answered by Guest | 08-13-2011 at 01:07 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.