MIT Splash Program 2009?

What is the MIT Splash Program?
My cousing talked a little about it before he left and I am interested.
Does anyone know what is it all about and when is it in 2009?

asked by Lucas in Universities | 3763 views | 11-05-2009 at 03:35 AM

SPLASH! is basically a weekend in November (the 17th and 18th this year) when a bunch of people (MIT students, professors, other people) teach a bunch of cool classes in various subjects at the MIT campus.

I've been going there for the past 3 years, and it's really fun. You don't have to take hard math or programming classes if you don't want to; there are plenty of fun miscellaneous classes as well as various liberal arts and social science classes. It's only $30 for 2 full days of classes.

It's meant for middle and high-school students. Parent supervision, however, is strongly discouraged to promote an atmosphere of independent learning.

Over the course of 20 hours during Splash, you can get your feet wet with a short introduction to any number of subjects—things you always wanted to learn, or topics you never knew existed. Or you can dive head first into an in-depth seminar or intensive workshop. The whole thing happens over the course of two intense days on the MIT campus, with classes taught by MIT students and community members.

answered by Frey | 11-05-2009 at 03:36 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.