Brendan Adams Tallest Boy?

Brendan Adams is only 14, and he's already 7 foot 5 inches -- making him the world's tallest teen according to Guinness World Records.
Can you give me some websites on the tallest boy Brendan Adams?
Is this disease he has a genetic disorder or is it just his genetic code that makes him so tall?

asked by Authority in Science | 4562 views | 11-05-2009 at 02:20 AM

I saw the kid on tv, his story is very touching.

On Primetime Medical Mysteries also they covered a story featuring Brendan Adams, the boy who can't stop growing. He is a kind and lovable 14 year old; normal in all aspects but one. And Brendan Adams IS the only one of his kind.

It seems that he has a defect in his 12th chromosome that is causing his unusual and rapid growth. It has affected his teeth; at 4 months he already had all his teeth. He has had to have several removed to make room in his mouth.

When Brendan was first born he seemed normal. However, at his three month check-up the doctor told them he was unusually long. It didn't stop there he just continued to grow.

It is difficult on his joints, face and teeth. He says that it get uncomfortable and painful for his joints sometimes. He can't completely straighten out his arms and legs.

His geneticist and doctors think they have come up with a way to halt and hopefully permanent stop his growth. They inject him with testosterone. The reasoning behind this is that testosterone will speed up the puberty process.

As for now it is working. Brenden has stopped growing, at least for now.

answered by Laura | 11-05-2009 at 02:23 AM

Wow
This is amazing. Where I come from I am a giant, I stand at the height of 6'11. That is 5 inches shorter than this amazing boy, I weigh 250 pounds and can press 450 but I am sure he can do more, I wear size 15 shoes that is 3 sizes smaller.
This boy has a great life ahead of him.

answered by Guest | 07-27-2011 at 05:19 AM

comment