Borderlands Port Forwarding PC?

Port Forwarding isn't helping.
Anyone with verizon fios care to guide my hand through this? I'm sure I'm doing it right but nothing is working. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I've tried lifting the security on my router just to have free range, no luck at all though.
I want to play Borderlands, please help. How am I supposed to configure my router?

asked by Clear in PC Games | 101174 views | 10-27-2009 at 02:40 AM

You'll need to find the model name of the router or router/modem combo you're using. This shouldn't be too hard. Usually, the internet comes in through your modem (box connecting to the wall either through phone line or cable line) and is then passed to a router which sorts and distributes your internet connection to the computers in your house. Go find the latter, turn it over, and look for a brand name and some kind of model number (Ex.: Linksys wrt54g, D-link DI-804). Once you have that go to this link and locate your model:

http://portforward.com/

Follow the instructions provided. The ports you need to open are:

7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)
28902 - not in the readme, but opening this port helped alot of people

Once you're done click each port to test if it's really forwarded. Bear in mind that sometimes it takes a minute for the router settings to apply (occasionally you'll even need to reset it before the settings take effect).

Forgot to mention!!!: You'll need to either add an exception to the windows firewall or disable it altogether. I disabled mine; it's all but useless. I'll write up a guide when I'm done with class.

There you have it! Now people can join your games.

answered by Bios | 10-27-2009 at 02:43 AM

Borderlands Port Forwarding PC
Also forward port 6869 for private games.

answered by Guest | 11-02-2009 at 08:14 PM

i dont use router
my internet goes directly from my modem(Embarq)(EQ_660R ADSL ROUTER) to the pc yet i still cant join most games and EVERY TIME I HOST NO ONE CAN JOIN MY GAMES -- Sad Im very much a noob at this kinda thing and maybe you got some advice cuz ive never forwarded ports b4.. Also i dont run any anti-Vir-software and firewall is disabled... any ideas? (im lost please help)

answered by Guest | 11-05-2009 at 10:58 AM

Actually, this doesnt work for several of us. All ports opened, I even went as far as disabling the firewall and setting DMZ to my computer - and no such luck. Just a buggy Multiplayer sadly, that - and its probably ISP's that are blocking the ports, would have to call up your provider to double check with them if it still doesnt work.

answered by Guest | 11-07-2009 at 09:39 PM

most ISPs forward all ports to a default IP so if you dont have a router but only a modem ask your ISP for that IP. often ist is the xxx.xxx.xxx.2 IP where the xxx are the same as your current ip. hit [windows]+R type cmd hit return/enter. in the new window type ipconfig /all there you will get your current ip + dns servers. use them in a static ipconfiguration and change the last digit of the ip to 2

answered by Guest | 11-12-2009 at 12:23 AM

Port forwarding won't help if you don't have a static ip you silly gooses...

Make a static IP
Forward your ports
Make a firewall exception for the game
Reboot

You're good to go.

answered by Guest | 11-16-2009 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
my internet goes directly from my modem(Embarq)(EQ_660R ADSL ROUTER) to the pc yet i still cant join most games and EVERY TIME I HOST NO ONE CAN JOIN MY GAMES -- Sad Im very much a noob at this kinda thing and maybe you got some advice cuz ive never forwarded ports b4.. Also i dont run any anti-Vir-software and firewall is disabled... any ideas? (im lost please help)
If you use the modem then you have to mess with your firewall

answered by Guest | 11-20-2009 at 04:26 AM

Hi, i followed this guide from BIOS to the letter, and even entered the last ip range(that was not listed in the readme). Everything seems to work so far. This might be the way you have to set it up for borderlands retail. I saw a steam page which had similar ports and configs but it didnt work for me. So there might be a difference whether you use it through steam or straight through gamespy. yes i know gamespy hosts it from steam...

answered by Guest | 11-21-2009 at 09:13 PM

Quote:

Make a static IP
Forward your ports
Reboot

You're good to go.
Thanks a lot!

answered by Guest | 11-27-2009 at 05:03 AM

Joining
When you opened port and you still CAN'T join all games IF you can't join a game that means that the host DOESN'T have the ports open! (also look at the open slots in the game if there are like 2 or 1 open slots that means that others CAN join them (so do you only the host his/her ports need to be open!)

answered by Guest | 11-30-2009 at 04:01 PM

Sometimes the router has the firewall. So, you should forward ports on it. Until this time you cant host ane games.

goto http://portforward.com/ , look for your modem model and learn how to forward ports on your device.

answered by Guest | 12-24-2009 at 05:28 PM

Remember!
Quote:

Make a static IP
Forward your ports [on your router]
Reboot

You're good to go.
this is it. the static IP is key if your ISP is giving you a dynamic IP, but remember all PC's/Mac's/wifi nodes/mobiles on the network have to be given a static IP also, or those connections will be lost.

just saying

answered by Wouldn't U like to know? | 01-29-2010 at 08:33 AM

28902 is given as a last hint, but is that for TCP, UDP or TCP&UDP.
As long as I won't see an answer, I'll assume it's both.
But I believe it's meant for UDP. Don't count on it, just open both as long as nobody replies with a certain answer.

Thanks for the ports and several tips up ahead.
This question was the only one I could come up with.

answered by Guest | 02-14-2011 at 07:08 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.