Adorama Camera Complaints?

I was about to purchase a new Tamron lens and my brother pointed to Adorama Camera as they had a good price on the unit I am particularly interested in. Then, trying to be a good consumer, I did a little homework and found a lot of complaints on the web. Some people is very upset.
Just curious if anyone has experience buying from them what it was like? Do you recommend them?

asked by Omarosa in Cameras | 11060 views | 10-24-2009 at 05:04 PM

I also heard about Adorama complaints on their cameras.
I recently used them to order some filters and a tripod. It actually went too well. They were closed over Passover, when I placed my order.

Adorama is distinctively staffed by a good and supportive staff. Don't confuse Adorama with the bait-and-switch crooks; the resemblance ends at the fringes.

I think every internet site out there has some complaints by someone.
Adorama seems to be above board.

answered by Spa | 10-24-2009 at 05:07 PM

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera
I hope you will find that the majority of the issues you came across relate to incidents prior to the management reshuffle 12 months ago.

If you visit reselleratings.com (widely accepted to be one of the best indicators of retailer reliability on the Internet), you will see that our customer feedback is now 9.5/10 - up from 3.75/10 in 2005. Even as recently as May of this year, we were only up to 9.3 / 10!

We have a strong commitment to customer care and satisfaction; if you should ever have any queries or concerns regarding an order from Adorama, you are always most welcome to contact me directly.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

answered by HelenOster | 10-25-2009 at 01:31 PM

Don't buy from this company
You should definitely stay away from this company. I recently purchased a TV from there and they sent me a defective TV, which they will not exchange or help with. What kind of company does that? So, first of all - don't trust that you're going to get a decent product from them and when circumstances goes not as expected, don't expect them to be there to help.

answered by Guest | 12-22-2009 at 07:56 PM

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You should definitely stay away from this company. I recently purchased a TV from there and they sent me a defective TV, which they will not exchange or help with. What kind of company does that? So, first of all - don't trust that you're going to get a decent product from them and when circumstances goes not as expected, don't expect them to be there to help.
I am extremely concerned to read your post, as all the products we sell carry a warranty.

All I can do at present is apologize for what I can only think must be a misunderstanding by whoever you spoke to at Adorama.

Please contact me directly with your order number and I will give this my immediate attenton.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com

answered by Helen Oster | 12-22-2009 at 09:07 PM

I just got a junk tv from the also! Its only been 1 day since I sent them an email but still have not received any response. It was a $1200 LG LED tv, the box looked fine, everything looked good until I was setting it up and noticed the back cover was broken, then I turned it on. It looks like a smashed cell phone screen with cracks and bleeding lines. Its !@#$ed
I'm furious!!! and after all this is resolved I will never buy a large electronic item off the internet again.

answered by Guest | 01-08-2010 at 01:25 AM

So I have the post above this is an update. I ordered a LG LED tv through buy.com/adorama and received it broken. buy.com has you send an email to adorama through they're web-site to adorama. I waited 2 days never heard anything, so I called adorama. They say they never received the email? w/e they're getting ups to pick up the tv next week no cost to me and say I should have a new one within a few weeks. Hopefully sooner than later!!!! They're customer service was polite and helpful. Most likely it was UPS that broke the tv, as it appears the box was dropped.

answered by Guest | 01-08-2010 at 04:03 PM

Adorama rocks!
I am a frequent customer of Adorama Cameras and let me say they are the best!

answered by levis | 02-04-2010 at 04:15 AM

David W.-customer
I can't believe there are any negative comments about Adorama. I've been doing business with them for over 20 years. If you get something you don't like, they take it back without a problem. If you want to cancel an item, it's done immediately. If something is out of stock, it's posted as such. I think it's the best store of it's type on the web. They really practice the Golden Rule.

answered by Guest | 03-04-2010 at 06:54 AM

Just ordered from Adorama and...
... no complaints. Super fast turn-around!

answered by Guest | 03-16-2010 at 01:56 AM

so far so good
I just ordered a Pentax camera at an unbelievably low price (yeah!). They were nice enough to call to make sure there wasn't any fraud (as I was having the item shipped to another address other than my billing address.) They are listed as an authorized dealer on the Pentax website, otherwise I would be weary of online retailers with low camera prices (think refurbished.) I am excited to receive my camera.

answered by Guest | 06-08-2010 at 04:21 PM

Happy Customer
As a general rule, satisfied customers do not normally post comments expressing their satisfaction, however, most unhappy customers will.
I have been a repeat customer of Adorama for approximately 10 years, purchased several used cameras, lenses, and accessories. I started out as a beginner, buying point and shoot cameras. Over the years, Adorama has helped me upgrade to semi-professional. Buying used or refurbished equipment from Adorama made it possible for me to own professional equipment at a much lower price that full retail. I have never received defective merchandise from Adorama and have always received the best customer service.

answered by Guest | 11-08-2010 at 10:41 PM

Great
I ordered a LG BX580 blu ray player from Adorama and it was delivered the next day in perfect condition, would buy from them again without hesitation.

answered by Guest | 12-07-2010 at 01:42 PM

Adorama Camera doesn't belong on the Amazon site. If an item is not delivered, they say you have to return it to them before they can refund your money. A great catch-22: works for them.
Amazon should dump them.

answered by Guest | 01-17-2011 at 09:12 PM

Foss
I have no problems with them except not delivering to a PO Box.
Their products are good. I would stick with the cameras instead of the TV's.

answered by Guest | 02-22-2011 at 09:16 PM

LG TV
I'm a little concerned with all of the negative feedback I'm seeing, but hopefully the restructuring of management really has turned things around for Adorama.

I guess we'll see, since I just bought an LG 50" TV from them. It should arrive sometime next week. I'll let everybody know how it goes.

answered by Guest | 03-29-2011 at 03:12 AM

Concerning LG Television, Previous Post Continued
Well, the 50" LG Television didn't arrive today as stated by Manna Distribution. Delivery was supposed to be between 12PM and 5PM, but was notified at 2:30PM that delivery would not be possible today. The delivery driver was very nice and understandable, but it doesn't relinquish the fact that I took half a day off from work.

They just called and stated that they would deliver at my convenience. In all honesty, it's still a little concerning, but hopefully my purchase will arrive safely without any damage. My neighbor helped me with this purchase and is now questioning whether or not to purchase his television from Adorama due to the lack of follow-through.

We're both watching this transaction closely. I'll let everybody know how it goes. I'll make sure to check myself before writing any further reviews of this company, just to make it as objective as possible.

Wish me luck!

answered by Guest | 04-05-2011 at 03:18 AM

Well, we were able to get the 50" LG Television on Friday through a different delivery company. Once we contacted Adorama via email, three different people from customer service replied -- one of which gave us a $50 gift certificate.

All of our issues were resolved within a day due to Adorama's quick customer service. This isn't surprising as my neighbor repeatedly stated that he had bought numerous camera items from Adorama without any problems. So...I think the problem was Manna Distribution who is a separate identity. This isn't to say that Manna wasn't nice, they were extremely nice, but it appears that their logistics failed them on this delivery attempt.

If my neighbor and I hadn't done a little research, we'd probably have negative feelings towards Adorama...just under the false belief they were completely responsible for the delivery as well. Of course this isn't true, they held up their end of the bargain. Manna Distribution on the other hand failed miserably in something they specialize in, which is a real shame.

Thank you, Adorama Customer Service. Greatly appreciated!

answered by Guest | 04-10-2011 at 10:14 PM

Adorama Camera customer service lacks common sense
Recently I ordered a printer from Adorama Camera on a weekend. Their website was malfunctioning and I did not receive confirmation of the order and after 24 hours I ordered another printer completely believing that my first attempt to place an order failed.

Before I placed my second order, I called and emailed them and remember that I was required to have an order number to proceed with my inquiry which I did not have since I received no confirmation of having placed an order.

I placed the "second" order 24 hours after my failed initial attempt and received an immediate confirmation from the website that the order that I placed occurred. In my mind, this provided me further assurance that the initial order failed because the customary process had not occurred for that order.

I put the issue out of my mind until about a week later I received 2 printers. It took me awhile but I called and found a live human being and explained that I had only received confirmation for the purchase of one printer so why did I receive two. They basically stated that I ordered two so I received two. I explained that I never received confirmation of ordering two printers and I never intended to order two printers and basically their customer service told me that it was not their problem.

I asked them to send me a pre-paid label to return the excess printer at least three times over a couple week period and they refused three times. So, I returned both of the printers - I had never opened either box - so they were in the same condition as they were when delivered. It only cost me $15.00 per printer for return shipping so I know it would have been even less for them since they are a high volume shipper. In retaliation, Adorma charged me more than $21 dollars per printer for the outbound shipping.

I was able to contest and get one of those shipping charges reversed off of my credit card. I shop almost exclusively online for just about everything so Adorma has permanently alienated me and I will tell all who will listen to me that their customer service was rude and lacked commonsense. I have no idea about the quality of the products they sell since I never opened the shipping boxes to inspect the products they shipped to me.

answered by Guest | 06-04-2011 at 01:48 PM

I recently purchased some lenses from this company, and was sent the wrong product, while initially I was promised it to be made right, and even promised a refund and a deadline date, Adorama started to backtrack and tried to shift the blame to UPS and failed to honor the word written by Helen Oster "ambassador of customer service". I was promised a date to make it right, and it passed and she apologized, then I was promised a refund on a certain date, and it passed, only to have her get hostile and refuse to honor her word. STAY AWAY!!!! You will lose your money with this company and have to fight hard to get it back. I urge anyone in the profession to go local and support your local business, not these crooks. When a company refuses to honor their word, that is not a reputable company.

answered by Irate Customer | 12-01-2011 at 07:20 PM

Adorama 50" LG TV - Broken
I just unpacked my TV (from Adorama) and after unpacking it I realized that the Plasma element is broken. Its upsetting but I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'll post back with a status update...

answered by Eric | 12-06-2011 at 10:19 PM

comment