Presidential Election 2012 Final Count & Results?

I know it's a little early but I'd like to know if there are results of the Presidential Election 2012. Maybe not the final count and results but at least something that gives me an idea on what candidate is more likely to win.
I was checking different websites and polls to have an idea of the final count and to know who will eventually become the president of the United States once the results are revealed.
The count of the 2012 Presidential Election seems to be very even. Every news show and channel has it's own preference, so I think it's not an unbiased forecast and i can't rely on that. I thought it was a good idea to ask for an opinion here. What do you think the final counts and result will be? Who will win the Presidential Election 2012?

asked by Chelsea in Law & Ethics | 5206 views | 11-06-2012 at 11:13 PM

I think the results and final count will be very even, although the people's vote works more like a poll to know a likely result because the president will be elected in January 6 by the Electors College, and not by the people.
Some claim we won't get to know the real results and final count of the 2012 Presidential Election until many days after it's over. There is an important issue for Romney to deal with and that is that Obama has the majority of voters of Ohio. Winning such state will grant him 18 votes, which equals 255 electors (because he started with 237) and that is just 15 votes below the necessary minimum. Mitt Romney started with only 190 votes, and it seems very difficult for Romney to be elected President without winning Ohio. This advantage for Obama is called "Safe state".
Once the final count and results are revealed, we'll know for sure who our next president will be.

answered by Melanie | 11-06-2012 at 11:16 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.