Is Rock Music Bad For Your Brain?

I know it sounds silly but my mom keeps telling me that rock music is bad for my brain. I've also heard a rumor that plants grow better with classical music than rock music (that made me think more of it) is that true?? Can rock music have a negative impact on my brain? or only metal music can do this?
I love the genre of music but I don't want to hear it anymore if it's going to affect my brain function.

asked by Samuel in Music | 3030 views | 12-10-2011 at 04:24 AM

Well there is an experiment made in 2008 that discovered that too much loud aggressive music could put your arteries at risk if the music makes you feel anxious.By the other hand there is also another experiment which had reach the conclusion that children who listen to loud rock or pop music while studying for exams are probably improving their chances of success. So, I don't think we can trust in any of this experiments, they are full of contradictions.
Also, other researchers have even found that people who were angry to begin with, become happier, calmer and more relaxed after listening to rock when it is their preferred musical genre. So, listen to the music you like and don't worry.

answered by Alex | 12-10-2011 at 04:41 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.