Thanksgiving Dishes That Can Be Made in Advance?

I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving although it's not until November 24. I'm looking for dishes that can be made in advance.
I always do all of my preparations for the main dishes the night before, chopping vegetables and all of that sort of thing. I leave everything ready so I can cook it on Thanksgiving day.
But this year, 2011, I want to prepare something that I can do in advance, and that means days ahead of the holiday.

What Thanksgiving dishes can be prepared in advance without sacrificing taste and texture?

asked by Delaney in Foods | 3057 views | 11-22-2011 at 08:52 PM

You can do dressing, gravy and a vegetable casserole ahead of Thanksgiving time and freeze them.
I always make my Thanksgiving dishes in advance and when the day comes, it is still a lot of work! I make fresh turkey stock, to make gravy, and I put it in the fridge several days ahead.
I've also had success making the mashed potatoes in advance and keeping them covered and then right before serving I put them back on the stove over low heat.
Keep in mind that making dishes in advance of Thanksgiving might affect taste a bit, but if you're OK with that, then go ahead.

answered by Fresh | 11-22-2011 at 08:53 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.