Hurricane Rina Projected Path?

What is the projected path of Hurricane Rina? Are we in the USA at risk?
Hurricane Rina remained a powerful and potentially dangerous storm with maximum sustained winds of up to 140 kilometers per hour.
Rina is a category 1 hurricane was expected to sweep by the eastern coast of the Yucatan peninsula, home to the strip of resorts known as the Riviera Maya.
Authorities evacuated some fishing communities and closed schools and NASA cut short an undersea laboratory mission near Key Largo, Florida.
I just want to know about the projected path, I'm worried about Rina possibly affecting the USA.

asked by Nicole in Weather | 1838 views | 10-27-2011 at 06:02 AM

I've seen the projected path and it won't even touch US territory. Hurricane Rina is relatively small, so if it stays off-shore, Cancun could escape with just tropical storm force winds.
At first, Rina remained a powerful and potentially dangerous storm, disrupting cruise lines, air travel and tourism in the popular tourist destinations of Cancun and Cozumel in Mexico. But that changed in the last hours.
A slight increase in Hurricane Rina's forward speed is expected. Weather patterns over the U.S. will help steer the storm away from the Bay of Campeche and the Gulf of Mexico path.
The National Hurricane Center is no longer forecasting strengthening and the seasonís sixth hurricane has probably just missed becoming the fourth majo hurricane.

answered by Violet | 10-27-2011 at 06:03 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.