Football Player Dean Richards Cause of Death?

The death of former Tottenham and Wolves defender Dean Richards took place today after a long-term illness.

The football player was involved in over 400 games in 13 years as a professional, but was forced to retire in 2005, when he first started to feel sick.

I've checked several news reports and they don't mention Dean Richards' cause of death.
He was so young to die, does anyone know what was Dean Richards' illness all about?

asked by Elliot in Soccer | 26446 views | 02-26-2011 at 02:15 PM

He was admitted to a hospice in Leeds earlier this week and died. So far, no media outlet has given details about Dean Richards' cause of death.

Wolves are planning a tribute to football player Dean Richards ahead of their Premier League match against Spurs next Sunday.
Dean Richards began his career at Bradford before he joined Wolves, establishing himself as a fans' favourite.

After his retirement, Dean Richards returned to the Bantams in 2007 on a part-time basis to coach the club's youth players.

answered by Clive | 02-26-2011 at 02:17 PM

I wonder what actually happened to Dean Richards and why his disease is so private.
His wiki page only says he did of a long term illness.

answered by Guest | 02-26-2011 at 04:52 PM

Dean Richards' death was caused by an abnormality in his brain.
Back when it started he thought it was just an ear infection but then it got serious.

answered by Guest | 02-26-2011 at 07:34 PM

It was a brain tumor, detected in 2005.

answered by Guest | 02-26-2011 at 08:37 PM

It says in 2005 the brain scan for a tumour was negative. Sounds like a brain problem due to severe headaches & dizziness, but don't say its definitely a tumour when you don't know.

answered by Guest | 02-26-2011 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It says in 2005 the brain scan for a tumour was negative. Sounds like a brain problem due to severe headaches & dizziness, but don't say its definitely a tumour when you don't know.
You tell him!!!

Weird one only 36 headaches and dizziness cant see how that would kill someone???

answered by Guest | 02-27-2011 at 11:32 PM

What did he die of?
If it was cancer it would have been reported.
If it was a brain tumour it would have been reported [some reports actually state that a scan showed it was not a tumour]
If he had a brain abscess or brain Haemorrhage that would have been reported.
Dizziness and headaches are only 'symptoms'.
So what does that leave?
I'm sure his death certificate will state the cause of death, I just wonder why there is a total media blackout as what he 'actually' died from?

It's still very sad, 'whatever' it was, no-one deserves to die at 36 RIP Dean Richards.

answered by Guest | 03-05-2011 at 12:43 PM

Seems a bit surprising, if it was his brain why not mention it.

answered by Guest | 03-06-2011 at 04:11 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.