Walmart Heater Recall 2010?

More than 2 million portable electric heaters sold at Walmart stores are being recalled after 21 incidents, including fires in which four consumers were hurt. It's all part of the 2010 Walmart heater recall.

I think I have one of the heaters that are not working as they should. What should I do with my heater, should I return it to Walmart for a full refund or should I go to some special place and replace it?

How can I tell if my heater is part of the 2010 recall?
What are the brands of heaters being recalled at Walmart?

asked by Claudia in Investing | 3463 views | 12-17-2010 at 10:40 PM

Flow Pro, Airtech, Aloha Breeze & Comfort Essentials 1500 watt heaters are being recalled. They are gray and have vents and metal handles.

On the front of the units are vents and gray control knobs. The model number, 1013 (which applies to all units, according to the CPSC), is located on a label in the lower left-hand corner of the back panel of the heating unit.

All of the heaters being recalled at the moment were sold at Wal-Mart stores from December 2001 to October 2009.
Consumers with affected products should stop using them immediately, and may return the item to any Wal-Mart store for a full refund.

The issue stems from a wiring or design problem that causes these $18 heaters to overheat, resulting in burning, smoking, melting, or in some extremely unfortunate cases, setting on fire.

answered by Lance | 12-17-2010 at 10:41 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.