What does it mean to "go steady"?

Hey guys! I'm 12, and have no plans to get into any relationships anytime soon...but I was just curious what the term "going steady" means. I've read it in some older books, so I'm just wondering if it's any older thing, like we don't really do that anymore? Anyways, thanks in advance for your time!
-Jasey

asked by Guest in Dating | 21854 views | 11-09-2010 at 10:43 PM

'Going steady' means to date one person exclusively, to have a romantic relationship with someone.
It means dating for an extended period of time, with both parties happy to be involved, and in a loving, stable relationship.

Going steady is a term used before 1980. Instead of asking a girl "do you want to go out with me", kids used to say "do you wanna go steady?".

answered by Paris | 11-09-2010 at 11:13 PM

Going steady is an old-fashioned way of asking someone to officially be your girlfriend or boyfriend.
It means he would like to have an exclusive relationship with you. In other words, he would like for you to see him and not date anyone else.

answered by Sophia | 11-09-2010 at 11:14 PM

Hey guys! Thank you, now I know what it means!

answered by Jasey | 11-10-2010 at 12:49 AM

Thanks for your explanation. One of my friends said she was going steady with her boyfriend and I had no idea what she meant. I now know what it means.

answered by Guest | 07-28-2011 at 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hey guys! I'm 12, and have no plans to get into any relationships anytime soon...but I was just curious what the term "going steady" means. I've read it in some older books, so I'm just wondering if it's any older thing, like we don't really do that anymore? Anyways, thanks in advance for your time!
-Jasey
Going steady mean you are officially girlfriend and boyfriend no dating other people until one of you want to break up. Going steady is just other way to ask if u want to be his/her boyfriend/girlfriend. It just less complicated.

answered by Guest | 01-30-2012 at 03:32 AM

Thank you so much my boyfriend asked me to go steady and I didn't know what to do. Thanks again.

answered by kat | 09-10-2012 at 03:25 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.