PS3 Update 3.41 Problems?

There is a new PS3 update, 3.41. The new PS3 Update 3.1 supposedly adds recommendations for games and videos on the Playstation store but it comes with a lot of problems.
This is a bit of a strange update, seeing as how online gamers and would-be PlayStation Store browsers will now be forced to download the firmware in order to continue to access multiplayer games and the Store, even though the update doesn’t do much on the minute.

I just downloaded and installed the PS3 Update 3.41, and now my PS3 won't work on HDMI. I have played on HDMI since about 3 months after getting the PS3, and I have been using it since.

How can I fix this problem?

asked by Julius in PlayStation | 4743 views | 07-27-2010 at 04:19 PM

According to the PlayStation Blog, the big new feature added to firmware 3.41 is a new "You May Like" section to the PlayStation Store. And ... that's about it, apparently.

I think you need to turn your TV and ps3 off completely for 5 minutes and then turn it back on with the HDMI cables connected to both. Your TV will recognize the PS3 and your problem will be fixed.

Normally I don't mind the updates, but this one does seems rather pointless. I doubt anyone was chomping at the bit to get recommendations added to the store. They could have saved this update for later when they had something more useful to add at the same time.

answered by Billy | 07-27-2010 at 04:23 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.