World Cup 2010: Vuvuzela Horns?

Vuvuzela horns are one of the most talked-about topics on the web and tens of thousands of soccer fans want them banned from the World Cup 2010.

One Facebook group has more than 80,000 people calling for a ban of the Vuvuzela horn, and a vote on banvuvuzela dot com has 74,239 for a ban against 8276 to keep them.

It is OK if a few guys had them during a match but when thousands of people toot them simultaneously, you get a loud, annoying sound that makes the entire stadium sound like it's being attacked by angry bees.

I think Vuvuzela Horns should not be allowed in the World Cup 2010, they should be banned. What do you think about the horns?

asked by Alexander in Soccer | 2698 views | 06-14-2010 at 05:11 AM

I agree. The Vuvuzela should be immediately banned.

Vuvuzela horns have been associated with permanent noise-induced hearing loss, cited as a possible safety risk when spectators canít hear evacuation announcements, and potentially spread colds and flu viruses on a greater scale than coughing or shouting.

The players don't like the vuvuzelas either. Portugal and Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo admitted the volume made it difficult on the pitch to concentrate, while Argentina playmaker and World Player of the Year Lionel Messi was quoted as saying it made him feel like he was deaf.

France captain Patrice Evra has blamed the noise for waking the team in their hotel and stopping the players from hearing each other on the pitch.

I guess those are enough reasons to ban the Vuvuzela horns.

answered by Joshua | 06-14-2010 at 05:12 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.