LPGA Female Golfer Death?

LPGA golfer Erica Blasberg was found dead in her Las Vegas home Sunday.

A family spokesman told reporters that police responded to a 911 call around 3 p.m. Police have not yet released information on who made the call.

Family and friends of golfer Erica Blasberg say they are baffled by her sudden death Sunday inside her suburban Las Vegas home.

Nobody knows a thing about the cause of death.
Some say it was a suicide but some members of the golfer's family say there is no way she killed herself.
Erica Blasberg was only 25 years old, what happened to her? What could have caused her death?

asked by Keith in Golf | 6790 views | 05-12-2010 at 07:04 PM

The latest news on Erica Blasberg is that she was packing to fly to Alabama at the time she passed away in her Henderson, Nevada home Monday according to USA Today. There's still no official cause of her death, and police have not told Erica Blasberg's parents what happened to their daughter.

Keith Paul, a Henderson police spokesman said on Monday that the authorities were investigating Blasberg's death but that it was not immediately clear whether foul play was involved.

It was initially suggested Blasberg had taken her own life, a rumour which gained momentum when caddie Missy Pederson revealed she had received a worrying text from Blasberg in the early hours of Sunday. Blasberg sent a message saying she would not be attending the Bell Micro LPGA Classic in Mobile on Monday, and Pederson, who was to have carried Blasberg's bags, sent a reply asking if she was OK. There was no response. Police would not confirm if they suspected foul play. ''At first glance, it looks like she might have taken her own life but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it,'' Blasberg's father, Mel, told The Press-Enterprise in California.

Blasberg lived alone in her home, which she purchased three years ago. Her father said authorities told him that the 911 call was made by a local male golfer; the police have not released the caller's identity.

An aunt suggested to the New York Daily News that the Blasberg family started to worry when she didnít phone home on Motherís Day.

According to Mel Blasberg, a friend found Erica dead in her bed on Sunday afternoon.

Described as a bit of a loner, Blasberg was different than other female golfers she shared the course with. Always self-conscious about her appearance, she would never go to a golf match without having make-up on.

I hope they find out the truth about her death soon.

answered by Gill | 05-12-2010 at 07:08 PM

The LPGA and the Bell Micro LPGA Classic hosted a memorial service at tournament site in the clubhouse last night to celebrate Ericaís life. This was in addition to, a memorial service for Erica which was held on Wednesday, May 19 in Corona, California at Eagle Glen Golf Club, where Erica grew up playing golf.

answered by Gray | 05-13-2010 at 12:34 PM

I'm so sad
I feel so sad to read about something like this. She was so young, had a promising future ahead of her and as a mother of a 24-year-old daughter myself, it has really made me wake up and realize that sometimes our daughters (or sons) CAN have TOO much pressure on themselves.

My daughter received scholarships to the nation's top schools and she declined them all, stating she would never be forced and restricted to learn so slowly or rotely as a university student. She has told me that she must seek out whatever sources of knowledge she wants to learn about quickly and fervently and not be slowed by the mainstream. My daughter says we are living in new times now, where an education can be sought on a tightly etched personal basis through learning about anything and everything our heart's desire on the Internet.

I've scoffed at that notion considerably, thinking that only a degree would pave the way to success for her. I admit my daughter is self-disciplined, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, is social, engaging and breathtakingly beautiful. Am I right to pressure her to do even more?

If the final outcome for this lovely golfer is true; that she committed suicide and that her personal constraints are what pushed her over the edge, then I truly believe many of us parents are in for a real wake-up call. Maybe we need to let our young adults aspire on a timeline that makes sense to themselves and requires approval from no one else.

I believe we parents have a tremendous impact on our adult children's welfare and sometimes we need to reel ourselves in and simply be more accepting without always pushing for more.

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 06:54 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.