Funny Pi Day Jokes 2010?

Did you know today is Pi Day?
What are some good and funny Pi Day jokes for 2010?

Tell me something funny.

Pi jokes are used as a way to celebrate Pi Day and to teach mathematical concepts to students. Pi jokes consist of jokes that involv9e the mathematical constant, Pi (which is the ratio of a diameter to a circumference of a circle). Most (some would say too many) Pi Jokes are a pun on the name of the dessert food, Pie.

Please let me know some funny and interesting Pi Day jokes.

asked by Robert in Science | 16655 views | 03-14-2010 at 06:13 PM

Funny Pi Jokes

* Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
* A: Pumpkin Pi!

* Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its circumference by its diameter?
* A: Moon Pi.

* Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
* A: Pi in the sky.

* Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its circumference by its diameter?
* A: Moon Pi.

Question: What do we get when we take the object and order the rim by the diameter?
Answer: Pi in the sky by and by.

Aren't these jokes funny?

Finally and ancient fact about Pi, there are historical evidences to prove that area of a circle was calculated by taking 3 times the square of its radius by the Babylonians. An ancient Babylonian tablet found between the 1900 - 1680 BC had the value of pi as 3.125.

Generally what people do in this day is teach mathematical concepts with the help of jokes. So if your student or child thought math was boring, this is the time to apply some jokes and make it interesting for him. Learning can be lot easier if its fun.

But hold on, why March 14th? Well, the people at the Exploratorium obviously figured out that written out as numbers this date becomes 3-14, which are the first three digits in the decimal expansion of pi (3.14...) However, they are lucky to be Americans because this makes no sense whatsoever to most of the rest of humanity! In America, they like to write their dates as month-day-year whereas most of the planet use the seemingly more rational little Indian form day-month-year. So irrationality really does triumph on Pi Day!

answered by Richard | 03-14-2010 at 06:21 PM

All these Pi Day jokes are hilarious, I'm going to post some of them on my Facebook wall and my twitter page. Thanks for sharing them.

answered by Guest | 06-20-2011 at 09:08 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.