Update: iPhone 3.1.3 Update Features?

Apple has pushed a new firmware update, v3.1.3, out to iPhone and iPod touch owners.
Where can I download the iPhone 3.1.3 update?
My friends told me the release is a minor one and that it doesn't do much.
What is new in the iPhone 3.1.3 update? I mean, what new features can I find in it?
The last firmware update, iPhone OS 3.1.2, arrived last October. I was waiting for the v3.1.3 update since I was told it came with new features.

Please let me know what's in iPhone v3.1.3.

asked by Vivian in Mobile Phones | 3897 views | 02-02-2010 at 09:50 PM

The 3.1.3 update does not really add anything new, but it does fix important bugs so iPhone and iPod Touch users should update.
These are the new features included in the update:

* The battery level on iPhone 3GS is reported with an improved accuracy
* Issues that caused third party iPhone apps to crash are now fixed.
* A bug that caused an iPhone app to crash when the Kana keyboard is being used was also fixed.

The update also reportedly resolves an issue where third-party applications would not launch in some instances.

The update for the iPhone and iPod touch operating system is available for download through iTunes.

Several security flaws have been closed, including exploits made possible with malicious TIFF or MP4 files, and memory corruption under a USB control message.

It doesn't matter if the firmware update doesn't come with new features, you should always update your iPhone OS to the latest release so you can be certain everything works as it should.

answered by Brody | 02-02-2010 at 10:03 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.