Recall: Honda Recall 2010 Cars List, Models?

After all the issues with the Toyota models in 2010, Honda is also announcing a recall.
Honda Motor today Friday, January 29, 2010 announced a voluntary recall of 646,000 cars.
That's over half a million Honda cars woldwide affected.
Why are all the Honda cars are being recalled? And what is the list of car models being recalled by Honda? My cousin lives in the States and he owns a Honda, that's why I'd like more information, so I can warn him of the recall if he is affected by it.

asked by Phineas in Car Makes | 6697 views | 01-29-2010 at 09:45 PM

The list of affected vehicles:
The Honda recall announced today affects 646,000 of the Japanese automaker's compact Fit/Jazz and City models of he 2007-2008 model year. About fifth of the vehicles are in the United States. Car Models from 2009-10 are not affected.

The Honda recall, involves models sold in North America, South America, Europe, South Africa and Asia, and is meant to fix a defective master switch in the cars.
So far there have been three reported cases of fires caused by the defect. If you leave your window open in the rain and the switch gets wet, it can start to malfunction and cause a fire.
If you take the car to your dealer, they'll take care of it.
What they do is add a protection to the switch so this won't happen.

"Under some severe operating conditions, water, rain, or other liquid may enter the driver's window and reach the master power window switch resulting in impaired function of the switch."

Honda said that about 10 percent of the cars recalled would need a replacement switch.

answered by David | 01-29-2010 at 09:51 PM

Another recall by Honda, this time in August 2010.

Honda Motor Co said it was recalling more than 428,000 vehicles in August in the United States and Canada because of a defect that could cause the cars to roll away if they are parked incorrectly.
The Honda recall covers Accord, Civic and Element models from the 2003 and 2004 model years in the United States. That recall includes 384,220 vehicles.

answered by Shouter | 08-10-2010 at 03:39 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.