Do long distance relationships work?

So I met this girl this summer and I'm in love with her. I live in California and she's from New York. She's leaving next week and we don't want to end our relationship but we're going to be so far away from eachother.
Will a long distance relationship work?

asked by Robert in Dating | 3204 views | 08-01-2009 at 03:25 PM

If the relationship is strong then it definitely will work.
Every relationship depends on communication, and long-distance ones can't exist without it.
As a long distance couple, it's important to do other things together besides the usual phone call. In a long distance relationship, interaction over the phone can become dull in the long run. Incorporating other forms of interaction are important. Just think... people in short-distance relationships do not spend the majority of their time talking, but rather doing things with each other. Try to replicate this by finding things to do together such as watching a TV show or movie simultaneously.

answered by Jim | 08-01-2009 at 03:27 PM

Well they do and they don't. It depends all on the people... if they are willing to work for it, and have strong enough feelings for one another.. then sure it can work... but if that is not the case.. they usually don't end too well.

answered by Kx_ | 08-01-2009 at 03:28 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.