Dayna Kempson Schacht: Car Crash Accident Video?

Dayna Kempson-Schacht was a 23 year old girl who died on July 17 when she crashed her SUV into trees. Dayna had two sons and she died instantly in the car crash accident.
The controversy started when Georgia firefighters allegedly took a video of Dayna Kempson-Schacht when she was still inside the wrecked car and then posted the video on the Internet.

Dayna Kempson-Schacht's parent are really mad at the people who filmed the video.
Should the firefighters be punished for filming the video instead of checking if Dayna Kempson-Schacht still had a chance to be saved?

asked by Miri in Controversy | 11997 views | 10-19-2010 at 07:08 PM

Dayna Kempson-Schacht's parents were emailed the graphic video of the death scene by an ex-brother-in-law, after the footage was posted online.
The guys who filmed the video should have to pay for emotional distress.

The Spalding County Sheriff's office says a firefighter took the video on his personal cellphone and shared it with other firefighters.
In the video, someone can be heard saying, "Hold that down for me. That's really bad. Oh my God."
After it was sent to other firefighters, and then shared again at a local bar. Soon, the video went viral.

The images are painful enough, but the Kempsons said the audio is agonizing, too, since it reveals a lack of concern and urgency by first responders. The Kempsons filed a formal complaint with the Spalding County Fire Department last week.

Dayna’s mother, Lucretia Kempson can’t get the image of the video out of her mind and says, “When I close my eyes, it’s not fair that that video is what I see of my daughter.”

answered by Rex | 10-19-2010 at 07:10 PM

The firefighter was so disrespectful. I didn't see the video but some say it has close up images of Dayna Kempson Schacht when she was inside of the car.
The guy decided to film her instead of helping her, he should be fired and his name should be all over the internet.
Dayna's parents are so sad over this, they don't deserve to be going through this right now.

answered by Amber | 10-19-2010 at 09:28 PM

I don't think the fireman's intention was to further hurt Dayna Kempson Schacht’s family by sharing the video with others. It just happened.
I think he realized Dayna Kempson was definitely dead when he arrived to the scene so he and the other firefighters didn't worry about saving her.

I'm not saying the guy is a victim but I bet he didn't know the video was going to be seen by Dayna Kempson's parents when he filmed it.

answered by Flow | 10-19-2010 at 09:37 PM

The family is not only traumatized by the graphic imagery of what appears to be their daughter's final moments, but by the fact that the firefighters seemed apathetic and removed from the scene.

They're supposed to be helpful, not jerks.
How absolutely heart-breaking that this footage ended up in their inbox.

answered by Leslie | 10-19-2010 at 09:39 PM

The idea that this tragedy was being filmed on video, watched and distributed, is sickening.
Have people become that de-sensitized to tragedy? It is truly disturbing and disgusting that such footage would go viral.
Videos like this should be removed from the internet.

answered by Marlon | 10-19-2010 at 09:40 PM

The sheriff's department says the firefighter who took the initial video, first shared with others in the fire department. Then, an unknown firefighter took the video to a bar, where he shared it with and texted it to other bar patrons. And from there, the video spread to the web.
The firefighter in question has been suspended, but he has not been arrested for a crime.

answered by Guest | 10-20-2010 at 04:02 AM

It was bad enough that Dayna Kempson's parents had to lose their daughter and the mother of their grandchildren, but the fact that the Kempsons had to watch a video of their daughter right after her death is just plain disgusting and something should definitely be done about it.
They should have shown better ethics, professionalism, compassion, and most of all respect for the poor girl and her family.

answered by Guest | 10-20-2010 at 04:02 AM

I find it very disturbing that this firefighter did what he did. I am a Funeral Director and unfortunately have to see the sometimes very graphic aftermath of accidents. I CANNOT imagine filming someone and then showing it around to people. Shame on that firefighter for what he did.
How would he feel if someone did that to him? How angry and hurt would he be? My heart goes out to the family not only for the loss of their daughter but for having to see her in that condition. Sounds like he is trying to pass the blame on to his fellow firefighter for it getting out on the net when in fact it would have never gotten to the net if he had the good sense to just do what he could for her instead of grabbing the cell phone. I hope the family will have a chance to heal over time and know that many share in their outrage over what happened. God Bless

answered by Guest | 10-20-2010 at 07:57 PM

where is a NON spam website where you can see this video?? everyone is talking about it but I can't seem to find it.

answered by Guest | 10-21-2010 at 10:52 AM

Anyone who who has no respect or value for human life loses the value of their own. Wanting to see this video for some kind of thrill shows just exactly that. Whoever you observe as your creator remember they are observing you.

answered by Guest | 01-01-2011 at 05:13 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.