iPhone Alarm Clock Bug Fix?

I use my iPhone's alarm clock everyday. Today the iPhone alarm didn't wake me up.

I updated my iPhone about 2 weeks ago to the latest version of iOS 4.2.1. And from last 2 days when i set the alarm clock for example at 7:00 o'clock it doesn't ring. How can I fix this bug?

Apparently a bug in the iPhone clock app prevents non-recurring alarms from properly triggering on New Years day.
It's difficult to understand how a company as large as Apple, with all their test resources, can release software with such a bug.

Is there a fix for this iPhone alarm clock glitch?

asked by Jonah in Mobile Phones | 3437 views | 01-01-2011 at 10:03 PM

You are not alone, according to multiple users expressing their frustration through Twitter, the iPhone alarm clock is not working correctly.

This bug will fix itself on January 3. To remedy the problem in the meantime simply set up a recurring alarm on your iPhone that includes the first two days of January and your preferred day – the alarm will then go off without any problems.

The alarm clock app bug in question only affects those running iOS 4—specifically, versions 4.2.1, 4.1, and 4.0.2 of the OS so far.

In 2010, Apple had difficulties with the switchover to Daylight Saving Time. Alarms failed to go off at their proper times, causing people in the Southern Hemisphere to wake up an hour early and people in the Northern Hemisphere to wake up an hour late.

Some Apple defenders are suggesting that the bug lies in the NTP algorithm around which the app is constructed.

answered by Hudson | 01-01-2011 at 10:04 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.