Google Voice iPhone App Download?

Google Voice, which is a free service that lets you combine your phones under one number, check voicemail anywhere and send and receive text messages without a phone, is finally open to everyone after a year in exclusive invite-only status.
Now that I can use it I would like to give it try on my iPhone.
Where can I download the Google Voice iPhone app from? Any download links?

asked by Hugo in Mobile Phones | 2292 views | 06-23-2010 at 01:20 AM

Google has opened its Google Voice telecommunications service to anyone in the United States interested in using a single telephone number for all of their phones.

Google Voice reportedly attracted more than a million users during an invitation-only test phase and Google was bracing for a flood of interest on Tuesday as it made the service public.

The iPhone Google Voice app can be accessed from here:

http://www.google.com/mobile/voice/

Go to the menu and choose Google for your phone. Then select iPhone.

Google Voice is arguably one of Google's most ambitious services. The platform allows you to have a single number that will ring all of the user's many land line and mobile phone numbers at once. If a caller leaves a voicemail, Google Voice creates an e-mail-like transcript to be viewed at another time. All calls placed in the U.S. and Canada are free. Users can even text-message from the service without a charge.

For me, Google Voice isn't just a great free voice app; it's one of the best free apps of any kind on the Internet.

answered by Richard | 06-23-2010 at 01:24 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.