Android Verizon Wireless 2009?

Verizon Wireless and Motorola have now made the Motorola Droid official, revealing that the phone will offer Android 2.0 and more. The phone will be available in 2009.
I read about it today at verizon's website. They only announced that soon they'll offer Android phones, but leaks have suggested that the first phone will be the Motorola Droid.
Does anyone know more details about the Motorola Droid release?

asked by Grant in Mobile Phones | 2803 views | 10-18-2009 at 08:45 PM

I can't wait for the new phone, I was about to buy an iPhone but I think I'll wait a little.

First of all, the Motorola Droid will offer a slide-out QWERTY thumbboard, similar to the recently reviewed Motorola CLIQ. However, while the Motorola CLIQ is powered by Android 1.5, the Motorola Droid will be the first phone to be powered by Android 2.0.

Some of the new features that Android 2.0 seems to bring to the Motorola Droid includes native sync support for Exchange and Facebook, a new Maps application, a new UI makeover and much more.

Verizon Wireless says that the Motorola Droid will sport a 5-megapixel camera with night shot capabilities, as well as a high-res screen that could possibly mean a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels (WVGA) like Acer's new Liquid for Europe. Whether the Motorola Droid will also match the Liquid's 1GHz Snapdragon processor is not yet known.

Release date: October 30.

answered by Tamara | 10-18-2009 at 08:46 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.