Pulled Pork: Slow Cooker Recipe?

What's your favorite way to cook pork (for pulled pork sandwiches) in a slow cooker? Do you follow a recipe?

I am going home tonight to prepare it and then leave it my slow cooker. This is the first time I'll be cooking pulled pork in a slow cooker.

I want to make a really good pulled pork, but not sure which method would work the best?
Please let me know about the best recipe you know of.

asked by Angelina in Foods | 2226 views | 02-05-2011 at 09:13 PM

This is the recipe I follow for pulled pork in a slow cooker.
Ingredients

1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

Directions

Place the pork tenderloin in the slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook it on low until you realize it's well cooked and the pork shreds easily, approximately 6 to 7 hours. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce.

Serve on large, crusty buns with a mustard based BBQ sauce. Garnish with dill pickle spears, thinly sliced raw onion and pickled pepperoncini.

The pulled pork should reach an internal temperature of approximately 185 degrees to be done. But it will be better at 190 (any higher than that and it could get dry).

You can adjust the flavors however you wish, add more or less, or different entirely. I've done this recipe literally dozens of times and I don't think any two have been alike.

answered by Rain | 02-05-2011 at 09:16 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.