Is The Kraken Real or Fake?

Is the mythological creature The Kraken real or fake?
The first thing that I heard about the Kraken was in Pirates of the Caribbean. It is apparently a giant squid or octopus that is able to destroy entire ships due to its big size.
Is it true that the Kraken is Hades son in Greek Mythology? Is it a titan or a God?
I believe the Kraken is just a myth, a legend that people from the seas invented to scare other people. Maybe a writer came up with the idea and it became popular. What do you say, is it real or fake?

asked by Sophie in Paranormal Phenomena | 4192 views | 10-11-2011 at 11:07 PM

The answer to this question is tricky. You can claim that the Kraken is fake and it's just a product of Greek mythology. But there have been many sightings of giant squids in the ocean and they are very real.
But are those the Kraken or just big creatures that try to avoid humans at all cost?
Remember that the ocean depths haven't been fully explored yet, so who knows what's down there?
I think a creature like the Kraken could be real and maybe it had an encounter with a ship in the past and that's where all the stories come from. In the past, people invented monsters to make sense of what they couldn't understand.

answered by Blue | 10-11-2011 at 11:08 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.