Gabrielle Giffords Jewish?

A gunman targeted Rep. Gabrielle Giffords as she met with constituents outside a busy supermarket Saturday.

Gabrielle Giffords is expected to recover, doctors said the Congresswoman was communicating with them and is able to follow simple commands.

I was reading about her life and I was wondering if Gabrielle was Jewish. As far as I know her mother was a Christian.

What is Gabrielle Giffords' religion, is she Jewish?

asked by Bennett in Religion | 5142 views | 01-09-2011 at 05:38 PM

US Representative Gabrielle Giffords is Arizona's first Jewish Congresswoman elected to represent the 8th district of Arizona in 2006.

Gabrielle Giffords was raised in a mixed religious environment. Her father is Jewish and her mother is a Christian Science practitioner. Gabrielle has identified herself solely with Judaism since 2001, belonging to Congregation Chaverim, a Reform synagogue, in Tucson.

Giffords once wrote an op-ed piece for the Arizona Jewish Post with a proud recital of her family roots, explaining that she is the grandchild of Akiba Hornstein, who was “the son of a Lithuanian rabbi.”

You can read more about Gabrielle's religion on her wikipedia page, under personal life.

answered by Allen | 01-09-2011 at 05:39 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.