Sony Dash vs iPad Review?

I'm shopping for a new tablet device and I'm currently interested in the iPad and the Sony Dash personal internet viewer.
Should I get the new Apple iPad or the Sony Dash? Where can I read a review of the two products?
My dad said I should wait because Apple will come out with a new iPad product soon as it always does (the iPad 2 is going to be released soon) and he says the Sony Dash is not that good but I've never touched one.
Is the Sony Dash portable?

Has anyone tried personally the Sony Dash and the iPad? What did you think?

asked by Pulse in Hardware | 4002 views | 12-08-2010 at 09:06 PM

The iPad is way better in my opinion.
At $499 the iPad is much more expensive than the $199 Sony Dash but an iPad lets you access the whole internet while the Sony Dash only uses applications like Netflix and Twitter.

The Sony Dash is not portable, you have to plug it in if you want to use it. The iPad runs on a big battery that allows you to take it with you and use it wherever you want.

The Dash by Sony is basically an alarm clock that allows you to have basic internet access based on apps. I'm not saying it is a bad product but it's basic when you do a comparison with the iPad.

It is going to be hard for any new tablet device to compete with the iPad because the app store on iTunes is filled with some of the most impressive games and tools and they would just run on Apple devices.

Engadget reviewed the Sony Dash a while ago, I recommend you read it.

answered by Cora | 12-08-2010 at 09:07 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.