Nook vs Kindle vs iPad vs Sony Reader Comparison?

Nook vs Kindle vs iPad vs Sony, which one is the best?
I'm thinking of getting a book eReader but i'm not sure which one. I read lots of books from teen books, novels, biographies, and magazines.

At first I thought my best option was to get a Kindle 2 from Amazon but then my sister told me I should also consider the Nook, the new iPad and the Sony reader.
Now I'm confused and I don't know which ebook reader to buy.

Which one is better, the Kindle, the Nook, the iPad or the Sony Reader? Is there a comparison or review I can read so I can make an informed decision?

From what I've read the Kindle is the best but i'm not sure if it's for me since it's black and white only. I want to read books in color and the iPad is perfect for that.

asked by Frog in Other - Electronics | 7185 views | 06-22-2010 at 02:34 AM

If you want it to read books only I say buy the Kindle 2, hands down.
The Kindle, the Nook and the Sony Reader are way over the iPad for reading books. The iPad might run all kinds of awesome programs, but the books readers like the Kindle have ink technology that will let you see the letters clearly on the screen, where the iPad is just like a computer screen and washes completely out in bright light.

In my opinion, it is a tie between the Amazon Kindle and the Nook from Barnes and Noble.
If you consider the Sony reader, keep in mind many users complain it is difficult to find books for it.
The Sony Reader is a bit simpler to operate than the Kindle and the Nook, that's the only advantage is see for the Sony reader.

I own the Kindle. If you ask me to choose again now, I'll still go for the Kindle instead of the Nook, because I think the web browsing function over wireless network (while the Nook only has web browsing over WiFi, i.e. only when you are around WiFi hotspot) is rather important.

Kindle is sure a worth buying. Wireless is a unique feature I will say and that's make really value for money. You can have any newspaper at any place and also they are cheaper. The best selling value for the Kindle is convenience for the travel, itís pretty handy and easy to carry anywhere with you. The other important thing matters to me are speedy for downloading books and reading material.

answered by Lauren | 06-22-2010 at 02:53 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.