Is Four Loko Dangerous or Safe?

What is the damage in drinking the Four Loco alcoholic drink?
I keep hearing that Four Loko drinks aren't good for people. Yesterday I saw in the news a kid almost passed away, he was drinking a Four Loko with other stuff too.
I don't think they're that bad since they're for sale in some stores where I live.

The only thing i really know about Four Lokos is that they have a lot of calories, but are they really dangerous? Or is it a safe drink?

asked by Sheldon in Law & Ethics | 8330 views | 10-25-2010 at 11:15 PM

Four lokos are dangerous when people are not responsible when they drink. No matter what alcoholic beverage it is, people should be responsible and know their limit. If you're responsible then you can say it is safe.

The reason Four Lokos are getting a lot of bad publicity is because apart from the excessive caffeine and taurine in the drink, they contain a lot of alcohol.
I've heard some bad stories about Four Lokos.

Some Four Loko fans say they like the "caffeinated malt beverage" because it gives them a paradoxical alert-but-relaxed feeling. But experts say it can be risky to combine alcohol and caffeine, whether you're mixing Red Bull with booze or buying a ready-made two-in-one cocktail like Four Loko or Joose.

Recently 23 Ramapo College students were hospitalized due to intoxication in just a few weeks many of these incidents involved Four Loko.

There are some rumors that Four Lokos will be banned soon and they will become illegal in America.

answered by Area 4 | 10-25-2010 at 11:16 PM

Nice try nanny-state moron. Go away, get a life, leave us and our Four Loko alone.

Quit spewing lies. I'm going to call your out on your BS.

#1. There really isn't that much caffeine and taurine in Four Loko, nowhere near what was in the Original Sparks. Given the 12% alcohol in Four Loko compared to the 6-8% in some of the orignal caffenated drinks, you won't be drinking as much liquid in oz's of the Four Loko. Between that and the Four Loko being relatively weak on the energy ingredients, it's not an issue.

#2. College students show up at the college health care clinics for drinking too much all the time. Four Loko has very little to do with this. Of the "23 Ramapo College students" you said that were hospitalized......... well, you're full of crap. 23 students at that college had showed up at the college clinic of a 2-3 month period, NOT hospitalized. Of those 23 students, only a few had been drinking Four Loko. The VAST MAJORITY were drinking OTHER DRINKS.

#3. Cut out the rumor mongering about it being banned. People have been pulling that BS for over a year now and it is banned NOWHERE other than that one college campus.

Four Loko is an excellent drink when used like a responsible adult. Kids abusing it are giving it a bad name. I wish more states had laws like my state where anything over 4% alcohol must be sold only in a liquor store and cannot be chilled.

answered by RPM | 10-26-2010 at 03:54 AM

death in a can
Contrary to what you four loko drinkers want to believe it should be banned and taken off the market.

As a college student its pretty easy to get your hands on this drink and everyone is drinking it. I was against it being banned and i thought all the people who were drinking it and getting sick were just a bunch of inexperienced puss ys who didn't know how to control their drinking. I drank 4 of them the night of my birthday which caused me to just pass out but i was fine. I drink all the time i know what im doing so i figured 4 lokos would be nothing. Ive never once had any problems with drinking what so ever never blacked out once, nothing at all till i began to drink 4 lokos. I drank 3 of them the night of Halloween figuring i would b fine and there wouldn't be any problems. I was wrong, i blacked out completely only remembering bits and pieces of the night and when i say bits and pieces I'm talking 2 second increments. I was at a party dancing having a good time and that was the last thing i remember, other than my roommates making me eat crackers and putting me to bed. Little did i know there were many events that happened that occurred between the hours of 12 am and 4am. Luckily my friend was smart enough to take me back to my dorm and not leave me at the party where i was being eyed up by every ******* in the room waiting to get their hands on me according to my friend, i fought him because i didn't want to leave and he had to convince me to get into the car. I cried all the way back to my dorm i guess for what reason idk. My roommates told me i was up and down all night puking and crying. I tried sleeping on our counter and did some other stupid ****. From all the Caffeine it caused me to shake uncontrollably and i ended up having seizures.

I'm lucky to have had the people around me that i did otherwise i could b dead right now and not have lived to tell this story. 4 lokos is death in a can; ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!

answered by Guest | 11-02-2010 at 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm lucky to have had the people around me that i did otherwise i could b dead right now and not have lived to tell this story. 4 lokos is death in a can; ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!
From a stupid little college girl who was dumb enough to drink 4 of these things. Well, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ???? You drank the equivalent of 19 beers(at 5% alcohol), 30 beers if you're in a 3.2% beer state. Of course you're going to get sick. Don't be a stupid little b1t(h.

answered by Guest | 11-02-2010 at 04:59 PM

If you would have read the story thoroughly i was fine after drinking 4 so i figured after drinking three i would b okay once again. Stupid little college girl? at least i can comprehend what i read

answered by Guest | 11-02-2010 at 06:46 PM

You're still stupid for drinking more than one moron. The fact that he TLDR your enormous post about how your an idiot doesn't make your statement any better. Your still an idiot and the government should not have the want or ability to ban anything. If people like you want to be idiots then let you. If you die that's one less idiot.

answered by Guest | 11-17-2010 at 04:13 AM

I agree! Drink responsibly! she drank 4?! I only drink half! It angers me because no where else in the damn world but the U.S. has this problem with people drinking out of hand just to be cool! ok fine, give me one good reasonable reason for 4 four lokos... just drink responsibly and don't be stupid. COMMON SENSE really man.

answered by Guest | 09-09-2011 at 03:26 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.