Is My Blood Pressure Too Low?

I think my blood pressure is too low but I'm not sure.
My Blood Pressure is Less Than 120/80. Is it OK to take my medicines?

asked by Chandler in Diseases & Conditions | 2732 views | 07-19-2009 at 12:12 AM

Yes you should. As long as you’re not experiencing any symptoms of low blood pressure, everything is OK. In reality, there is no such thing as blood pressure that is “too low.” Studies have shown that the risk of heart attack, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases continues to fall even as blood pressure falls below 120/80.

For most people, especially those identified as having high blood pressure, getting too low doesn't happen. Even getting normal unfortunately doesn't happen often enough, so never hesitate to take the medicines as instructed, because it is much more likely that you will have control of the blood pressure and not a blood pressure that gets too low.

Unlike high blood pressure, low blood pressure is defined primarily by signs and symptoms of low blood flow and not by a specific blood pressure number. Some individuals may have a blood pressure of 90/50 with no symptoms of low blood pressure and therefore do not have low blood pressure. However, others who normally have high blood pressure may develop symptoms of low blood pressure if their blood pressure drops to 100/60.

answered by Cochi | 07-19-2009 at 12:15 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.