Ali Ollie Woodson Cancer Death?

Ali-Ollie Woodson, the leader and singer of The Temptations in the 1980s and '90s has died, a friend said. He was 58, which I consider to be young.
Ali Ollie Woodson died in southern California on Sunday after a battle with cancer, according to his friend and Motown Alumni Association president Billy Wilson, who said he learned about Ali Ollie Woodson's death from the singer's wife, Juanita.
What kind of cancer was Ali Ollie Woodson diagnosed with?

asked by Mark in Music | 4063 views | 05-31-2010 at 09:17 PM

Ali "Ollie" Woodson, the singer who fronted The Temptations during the 1980s and 1990s, died Sunday after battling cancer.
In late 2008, Ali Ollie Woodson was diagnosed with leukemia and hospitalized for several weeks.

The change had several line up changes and Woodson was not a part of the original group but played a critical role in making the band popular. The 60s and the 70s saw the Temptations post hits liker “Papa Was A Rolling Stone” ”My Girl” ”I Wish It would Rain” but they lost track in the 80s.

Woodson, originally from Detroit, was living in California, according to The Detroit News and Bossip. He co-wrote and was the lead singer of The Temptations' hit single "Treat her like a lady," which reached No. 2 on the R&B charts in 1984, according to Wikipedia.

Woodson officially ended his stint with The Temptations in 1986, but continued to return the group for guest spots through the years. He also performed as a solo artist and sang background on a host of other projects.

Funeral arrangements have not been announced at this time and family members have no released any statement to the media.

answered by Teddy | 05-31-2010 at 09:21 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.