How Long Is The Stomach Flu Contagious In Children?

I have to send my children to school but they had the Stomach Flu and I don't know for how long it can be contagious so I'm thinking if I should send them or not. The youngest one feels better now, but 2 days ago he was really bad and although today he is outside playing, some people told me that is better if he stays at home for at least 2 more days. My other sun had the stomach flu 5 days ago so maybe he is not contagious anymore, but i don't know how it is for children.
Should I send them to school or wait? For how long is the stomach flu contagious in children?

asked by Aniyah in Internet | 1725 views | 12-28-2012 at 03:19 PM

When children have the stomach flu, they are contagious from the moment they start to feel sick, but usually symptoms don't start until 24-48 hours after ingestion so the stomach flu can be contagious before they even know they are going to get sick.
After they have the stomach flu, children can be contagious for at least 3 days after all the symptoms have stopped and they feel fine. Professionals said that the virus are present for two weeks and more so you can be contagious even longer.
So, although your children feel fine, I think is better if you just wait a little more so you won't cause problems to others.

answered by Allie | 12-28-2012 at 03:19 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.