Amoeba Death?

A 9-year-old boy from Virginia died recently of a brain infection linked to a brain-eating Amoeba.
His death is causing a lot of controversy because scientists claim the Amoeba came from the water.
The little boy went for a swim and swallowed some of the water. The Amoeba entered his brain this way.
This is the first time a death caused by Amoeba is reported since 1969.
Does anyone know where exactly in Virginia this little boy got the infection?

asked by Stephen in Diseases & Conditions | 3006 views | 08-16-2011 at 10:43 PM

The Virginia Department of Health does not know yet from which body of water the kid contracted the Amoeba infection.
Not even his mother knows, because he was part of a fishing day camp and the visited several locations.
The amoeba proliferates in stagnant freshwater lakes and ponds during hot weather. It causes a brain infections which is a form of meningitis.
The boy's death was not the only one caused by the amoeba. A 16 year-old girl named Courtney Nash went swimming a week ago in Volusia County waters and she died from the same thing.

answered by Darren | 08-16-2011 at 10:44 PM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.